News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

View attachment 565033
I believe that decking over infrastructure with a shallow pool on top is what is being done. Think the pools at the Aga Khan Gardens. Just an idea to introduce a large-scale element into the urban landscape as water features are such an amenity.

If only Claude Cormier were still with us as he would know exactly what to do. And if this was Montreal they would already be building it! Lol

Pretty please, don't post every random idea you see on the internet in every thread you think it might fit in if the world was filled with money-trees and had no concerns but esoteric design.

1) This will not happen here.

2) The Aga Khan Gardens are not on top of a highway and a subway.

3) Claude was a great landscape designer and wonderful person but not a Transportation Planner or Structural Engineer.

4) Montreal which is a great City in many ways and has much to recommend it, is still waiting on the Blue Line extension that was first promised decades ago........ and while it does adopt many fine urban practices..........a reminder that this:

1716070811994.png

Is Montreal too.

No, not a good idea at all. You just put Line 1 under water, and not just the exposed part, the water will run into the tunnels flooding the line for endless km.

What was done in your example piece was to put back a canal where one had been previously, where one made sense and with a much smaller footprint, great project but not a transferable example.

Allen should be filled in, at the very least south of Lawrence, but ideally south of Yorkdale Mall. The Subway would get covered, this would add TTC costs, unfortunately, but the benefits in linking neighbourhoods together and making more functional communities with additional parkland and housing would be worth it.
Y’all would think roads are for satanists only

Y’all would think roads are for satanists only

I own a car and I drive and have for 30 years+

Spare me your false assumptions grounded in exactly zero evidence.

I didn't denounce roads, I simply offered an example of something that is not a beautiful urban design in Montreal to someone who seems to be under the misconception that all of Montreal is an urbanist's utopia. Nothing more, nothing less.
Satanism is not relevant.

Back