News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm quietly optimistic, but I think the numbers are finally breaking in favour of Scheer.
I think the key event was blackface, but not the racism of blackface - it seems Liberals are ok with racists. It is the events that spun out of blackface, and Trudeau's futile attempt to change the channel.
It is either;
  • Trudeau's lying about blackface - by stating he only found out that blackface was bad after the death of his father (ignore the fact that blackface was after fathers death), even though while MP he said in interview that he learned about privileged and respecting minorities during a university course well before, or
  • It's the clear photos of the rafting blackface that shows that the "costume" could only be construed as an attempt to mock and demean blacks, or
  • Questions about Trudeau's maturity after blackface and Trudeau's response of wearing a high school type lettermans jacket, canoeing to a press conference, boxing, or
  • Trudeau using Geta Thunberg for political gain, or
  • Trudeau trying to campaign against Doug Ford instead of Andrew Scheer, or
  • Promising to increase debt by $100B, reminding people of his promise of increasing debt by $25B and missing by a factor of 3.

LOL. In what universe? Scheer got his ass handed to him in the debates and all his team can come up with is lies to pretend he didn't.
Trudeau wont win a majority against a weak opposition.

As much as you guys want to shit on Scheer..Trudeau has been super weak as well this election.

Trudeau wont win a majority against a weak opposition.

As much as you guys want to shit on Scheer..Trudeau has been super weak as well this election.
Trudeau has been weak, and Scheer still can't pull away.

That's a sad statement about Scheer

This was never a change election.

I concur, turnout will be low.

Most likely. I'm struggling to find the motivation to go out and vote at all this time. None of the leaders or parties are inspiring.

At best, I might show up to vote against someone, depending on what the last polls before the election show.

Most likely. I'm struggling to find the motivation to go out and vote at all this time. None of the leaders or parties are inspiring.

At best, I might show up to vote against someone, depending on what the last polls before the election show.
As someone in the same boat, I still can't stomach not voting. I'm resigning to voting Green for the first time, despite not particularly caring for Elizabeth May's leadership.

At the very least it can send a message to the other three parties that environmental policies should be taken seriously in their platforms.

As someone in the same boat, I still can't stomach not voting. I'm resigning to voting Green for the first time, despite not particularly caring for Elizabeth May's leadership.

At the very least it can send a message to the other three parties that environmental policies should be taken seriously in their platforms.

I'm actually seriously considering voting Green for the first time myself, but only reluctantly. Elizabeth May looks like a gopher.

I may be forced to hold my nose and vote Liberal in order to prevent Howdy Doody from forming government. Yes, the Liberals and Trudeau himself have been thoroughly mediocre over the last 4 years, but they're the least-worst option among the three main parties. If the Greens could grow to the point where they're competitive and possibly even into a kingmaker position in a minority situation, I'd be more comfortable voting for them.

Spoiling your ballot could be an accident. Decline your ballot. That specifically says that there isn’t anyone you want to vote for. It’s also fun to watch the election workers figure out how to deal with that.

Spoiling your ballot could be an accident. Decline your ballot. That specifically says that there isn’t anyone you want to vote for. It’s also fun to watch the election workers figure out how to deal with that.

I was of the same thinking of you but apparently a declined/refused ballot is not a distinct reporting category under the Canada Elections Act (it is in Ontario provincial elections). Seems they are lumped in with spoiled, improperly marked, blank, etc. as 'Rejected'. So, less of a message sent.

Back