News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You have to think the gender parity requirement is pissing off a lot of high profile and veterans MPs. In another era MPs like Adam Vaughan and Mark Holland would be shoe-ins.

You have to think the gender parity requirement is pissing off a lot of high profile and veterans MPs. In another era MPs like Adam Vaughan and Mark Holland would be shoe-ins.

Though Adam Vaughan probably is a better fit outside given his propensity to offend.

AoD

When he was passed over back then, he could have blamed it on the gender thing if he wanted. Being passed over ever since, however? It's obviously more than that.

True, and word is Vaughan doesn't play well with others. Still, I'm almost certain he was guaranteed a cabinet post in 2014 when he ran federally.

He works better as an attack dog anyways.

When he was passed over back then, he could have blamed it on the gender thing if he wanted. Being passed over ever since, however? It's obviously more than that.

I don't get the sense he particularly cared about that though - and he wasn't that much of an activist in any case (unlike his father). Also just how many GTA-based cabinet members can you have until it becomes awkward?

AoD

I don't know if he cares -- there were lots of predictions that he would get a post when he entered federal politics, but as we've seen, that hasn't happened. I quite liked him as my city councillor and attended a number of committees with him and his staff. Once he became MP, however, he wasn't as accessible. I've worked with various MPs and MPPs as well as city politicians, so I'm not chalking the change up to anything as simple as "it's different at the federal level".

I don't know if he cares -- there were lots of predictions that he would get a post when he entered federal politics, but as we've seen, that hasn't happened. I quite liked him as my city councillor and attended a number of committees with him and his staff. Once he became MP, however, he wasn't as accessible. I've worked with various MPs and MPPs as well as city politicians, so I'm not chalking the change up to anything as simple as "it's different at the federal level".

He might be a better fit with provincial politics given urban.

AoD

There's now a Minister of Middle Class Prosperity.*

Maybe she can help pay for my next holiday. She makes quite a bit more than me.+

Though, I'm sort of confused as to their definition of prosperity. I'm prosperous in that I have a lake view flat, drive a sweet vehicle, have many friends, am happy and satisfied, do fulfilling work. Where does this minister step in exactly?+

Just kidding! What a crass joke and piece of politicking. Typical Liberal maneouvre!*

For those of you who may disagree with my very obviously true assessment of the situation, please do enlighten my shriveled little brain and divulge the noble cause to be borne by said minister.*

Cheers.*

Legend:

+ : snark
* : not snark

Maybe she can help pay for my next holiday. She makes quite a bit more than me.+

Though, I'm sort of confused as to their definition of prosperity. I'm prosperous in that I have a lake view flat, drive a sweet vehicle, have many friends, am happy and satisfied, do fulfilling work. Where does this minister step in exactly?+

Just kidding! What a crass joke and piece of politicking. Typical Liberal maneouvre!*

For those of you who may disagree with my very obviously true assessment of the situation, please do enlighten my shriveled little brain and divulge the noble cause to be borne by said minister.*

Cheers.*

Legend:

I hate “branded” ministries because it sounds utterly stupid, but it is by no means a Liberal phenomenon - both Ontario and Alberta has Ministries of Red Tape Reduction, an oxymoron that.

AoD

I hate “branded” ministries because it sounds utterly stupid, but it is by no means a Liberal phenomenon - both Ontario and Alberta has Ministries of Red Tape Reduction, an oxymoron that.

AoD

I'm sure most here are aware that I am an equal opportunity denigrater. The Liberals do not have a monopoly on crass politicking, I only mentioned them specifically because of the government in question.

Yeah, the Red Tape Reduction ministry is a beautiful example of the sheer stupidity of it all.

How's that red tape reduction in Ontario going anyway? What do I have to do to get a licence to open up a ganja shop? ;)

That being said, I find it easier to figure out the objective of a Minister of Red Tape Reduction than I do that of a Minister of Middle Class Prosperity.
What the hell is a Minister of Middle Class Prosperity? I would ask my MP but I know he'll just give me a stupid non-answer so I won't waste my time.

AoD

Cheers.*

Legend:

The old issue of symbolism vs substance.

The wasting of time pretending to care; in lieu of the action that clearly illustrates the same.

I'm fully expecting a middle class dividend/welfare cheque every quarter.

You know, to better my prosperity.

Or wait, is this new ministry there to keep a lid on my prosperity? It doesn't say!

I'm not sure what's to get about a Minister for the Middle Class? The middle class has been a key piece in elections all over the world in the last 10 years.
Middle Class Collapse / Squeeze are things I'm sure this government would like to avoid if they want to win another election.

Back