News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm not sure what's to get about a Minister for the Middle Class? The middle class has been a key piece in elections all over the world in the last 10 years.
Middle Class Collapse / Squeeze are things I'm sure this government would like to avoid if they want to win another election.

The problem is that it is a cheap label - substance over style please.

AoD

I'm not sure what's to get about a Minister for the Middle Class? The middle class has been a key piece in elections all over the world in the last 10 years.
Middle Class Collapse / Squeeze are things I'm sure this government would like to avoid if they want to win another election.

Yes, thanks for the explanation of her mandate and purpose.

I said I was too stupid to understand and I'm beyond relieved that we have someone here who can so brilliantly elucidate the purpose of such an ambiguously-named minister.

Thank the universe for thee!

We still don't know what this minister is supposed to be doing exactly.
Stalking the landlords of the land to slash rents?
Holding bankers hostage to slash mortgage rates?
Giving out free TVs (you know, every "normal" middle class bastard needs at least three in a home)?
Taxing the wealthy and poor and redistributing the income to the middle?

This non-answer is very Liberal of you.

"Stupid plebs, it's self-evident! We're here for your best interests! Don't ask questions. We don't need to explain anything to you."

I guess we'll have to see what comes of it.

I'll save you the time: Nothing comes of it.

I'm accepting wagers now. 100000:1 odds that the Minister of the Middle Class is not a waste of money and space and accomplishes anything.

Those are good odds, I'd take them if I were as confident as you.

In other news, the bum, working and elite classes are increasingly agitating for seperation from Canada due to not having their own useless ministries.

Andrew Scheer dismisses two top staff in wake of election loss.

Throwing the deckchairs off the deck of the Titanic! He's...
toast.jpg

Putting this here, rather than giving it its own thread, as it impacts on national politics.

The headline is that only 62% of Canadians surveyed are comfortable w/women as CEOs.

That genuinely stuns me for how low that is...........

But of interest, only 67% of women are comfortable w/women as CEOs, in Canada! What? Huh? What century are we in?

Now for maybe the worst stat of all in the article............apparently we're the best/most accepting of women in power, of all the countries surveyed!

WTF!?

Looking at the survey itself, its only the G7; I'd be curious to see a comparison w/Scandinavian countries.

The underlying report is here: https://reykjavikforum.global/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Reykjavik-Index-for-Leadership.pdf

How many American women voted for Trump over Hillary? Not at all surprising. Wonder what the numbers would be broken down even further.

Andrew Scheer dismisses two top staff in wake of election loss.

Throwing the deckchairs off the deck of the Titanic! He's...
View attachment 216607

Maybe he should apply some makeup. Worked for Trudeau. I kid, I kid....kinda

Should employees of video game developers unionize?

I say yes. Often, there's very long work hours, especially when a game has a set launch date.

Canada might be the worst place for developers. Pay is lower than it should be and the hours suck. We are funneling immigrants who will do the work and they get exploited as well. Tech companies are coming here in droves because we have some of the cheapest salaries out there and people are willing to work for peanuts.

Last edited:
It would be good optics to give him some role in the shadow cabinet. Scheer wants to keep his job, right?

Back