News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Maybe not, but it came way too close to endorsing such behavior. He said two rednecks in a truck were doing a good thing. Just think of the optics of vigilante behavior and people using cars as weapons. Maybe he was trying to come across as a "law & order" guy, but I think we all remember what a mad person can do with a rental van.

Well thing is Trudeau biggest failure here is he is not pleasing anyone and just pretty hoping this all goes away as he does not want to offend anyone.

Considering he is a minority Govt position, he is using the very limited political capital he had and anyone who had doubts about Trudeau is not going to warm up to him again based on his performance.

Point being, yeah the Tories shoot themselves in the foot but the bigger danger is to Trudeau here.

He is really stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

Wonder if Trudeau "suggested" this course of action by the RCMP?

RCMP agrees to leave Wet'suwet'en territory in B.C.

From link.

Public Safety Minister Bill Blair says the RCMP in British Columbia have met conditions set by traditional leaders of the Wet’suwet’en First Nation opposing a pipeline project on their territory.

He says he believes barricades set up in solidarity with that nation should come down.

The Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs oppose the Coastal GasLink project that would bring natural gas to a liquefaction facility and export terminal on the B.C. coast.

Nationwide protests and blockades followed a move by RCMP to enforce a court injunction earlier this month against the hereditary chiefs and their supporters, who had been obstructing an access road to the company’s work site.

The hereditary chiefs have demanded the RCMP leave their traditional land.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is under increasing pressure to end the blockades, with Conservatives calling for the government to use force, while the Liberal government insists negotiations are the only way to a lasting solution.

More coming.

CBC was reporting about internal dissension among the Wet'suwet'en the other day, now the Globe is leading with a similar story this time suggesting outsiders have come into the community and influenced the hereditary chiefs.

Trudeau’s avoidance of making any decisions on anything is becoming comical at this point. I think eventually he looks better making any bad decision then the no decision of now.

How’s his approval rating looking these days? Single digits?

Trudeau’s avoidance of making any decisions on anything is becoming comical at this point. I think eventually he looks better making any bad decision then the no decision of now.

How’s his approval rating looking these days? Single digits?
It's higher than you think. There are a lot of brain dead morons in this country - in case you haven't paid attention for the past 5 years.

Google tells me that in January it was about 50%. Nothing that I could see more recent.

and yet only 4 in 10 countries are happy the direction this country is going with.

My point is Trudeau is actually very unpopular in many parts of this country and it showed when he won reelection with a third of the vote and become PM with the lowest popular vote % ever.

Point being Trudeau is still very popular out in the urban centres out East but its also means the PM has very limited political capital as well when he is faced with making big choices or trying to push a controversial idea.

Last edited:
It's higher than you think. There are a lot of brain dead morons in this country - in case you haven't paid attention for the past 5 years.

Political differences and viewpoints have, and will always, exist. Language such as this sends us down the hyper-partisan road we see in the US. What's next, declaring them them enemies of the state and subject to arrest?

Political differences and viewpoints have, and will always, exist. Language such as this sends us down the hyper-partisan road we see in the US. What's next, declaring them them enemies of the state and subject to arrest?

Well i be honest the language from both sides of the spectrum is turning harsher overtime here in Canada.

Like i know many people out East are like "the west of Canada can go fuck off" which is not helpful

To some degree, the language is harsh, but Canada had a strong stretch of centrist governments. When Mulroney moved too far left, Chretien and the Liberals moved to the right to restore some balance.
The problem happened when Harper occupied the centre for too long. Mulcair realized that he had to move to the centre to gain mainstream support.
Trudeau and the Liberals realized they were being squeezed out - so they jumped to the left and took up positions that nobody paying attention could support. Somehow, they thought a famous name and pretty face were enough to win an election. A point that seemed ridiculous 5 years ago. Somehow, Canadians put aside their sanity and actually voted for the guy. Canada has been getting more and more divided since.

To some degree, the language is harsh, but Canada had a strong stretch of centrist governments. When Mulroney moved too far left, Chretien and the Liberals moved to the right to restore some balance.
The problem happened when Harper occupied the centre for too long. Mulcair realized that he had to move to the centre to gain mainstream support.
Trudeau and the Liberals realized they were being squeezed out - so they jumped to the left and took up positions that nobody paying attention could support. Somehow, they thought a famous name and pretty face were enough to win an election. A point that seemed ridiculous 5 years ago. Somehow, Canadians put aside their sanity and actually voted for the guy. Canada has been getting more and more divided since.
Okay, I'll bite.

So where is the Conservative move back to the centre that was left behind by Trudeau?

I had no qualms whatsoever about voting for Trudeau, mostly because I'm never going to vote for the Conservatives - too many moronic social conservatives, and I'm gay, so obviously... And I did so despite the fact that he gets on my last nerve, mostly because of his indecision on just about every file. I'm hoping that at some point, he will channel his father and display some of his f*** you attitude. I think Alberta needs it at this point, they have become worse whiners than my Québec compatriots ever were.

But seriously, the situation with the blockades has become ridiculous, and as left-wing as I generally am, I believe army intervention is warranted, since provincial polices forces seem unwilling to enforce court orders.

Back