News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

She tugs at my heart strings. There are all sorts of people who haven't seen family members or done 'family traditions' for a very long time, just like we have been told not to - by these folks.

Hubris.

OH! OH!
Mad Max: COVID-19 is just a minor setback. The Donald had it and he recovered. After all, one cannot spell Newsmax without the shortened version of my given name.

Epidemiologists: People like Mad Max are why the pandemic isn't going away any time soon.

Rather than give this its own thread I'm simply putting here as a story of national interest.

Canada's Banks have amassed a lot Tier 1 capital (in plain English, high quality, fairly liquid assets than can backstop a bank in the event of a financial crisis).

Depending on what one feels their Tier 1 capital should be at, they have between ~28B-70B in excess capital, or so says this article:

It would seem our Banks would now like to use this stockpile of cash to go on a shopping spree, likely buying U.S. banks.

I would caution, that while they suggest that regulators require only 9% tier 1 capital; the Basel accords which came out of the 2008 financial crisis actually require 10.5%, and I would personally prefer even more.

A key reason for this being that US stocks look more bubbled than does the Toronto real estate market.

Be that as it may............it seems likely Canada's big banks are about to get bigger.

By assets, Canada's big banks were ranked as the #22, #25, #42, #48 banks in the world in Dec 2020

By market cap our big banks are #9, #14, #17, #22

OH! OH!

See, he's at least legit. He doesn't see it as a problem because he doesn't agree with the restrictions and that they're necessary.

Some of these other politicos haven't shut up about how I need to stay at home alone for months.

Don Plett comes to mind. He did a video telling people to stay home and even made a speech about it in the Red Chamber. Then he went to Mexico...

It would seem our Banks would now like to use this stockpile of cash to go on a shopping spree, likely buying U.S. banks.

Really wish they'd buy up some central European banks for, uh, personal interoperability purposes. Probably find better value there anyway, as they wouldn't be overvalued as some US banks most likely are.

Polling from Alberta............to make you go Hmmmmm; and lament that there will not be an Alberta election this year.

1610299708360.png

This has all party support now. Even the CPC support it.
The Canadian government could go after Rumble:

It is a Toronto-based far-right YouTube alternative that hosts hate speech, including from the Proud Boys.

The Proud Boys are most defo not a terrorist organisation, but I guess the term 'terrorist organisation' like many others has lost its true meaning.

The Proud Boys are a bunch of cranks, at most.

Ah, don't take it from me though.....ask someone in Kabul, Paris, London, Baghdad, Jersualem, etc etc

Well, the Proud Boys have gone full ACAB, so I doubt even the cops would oppose that happening now.

Polling from Alberta............to make you go Hmmmmm; and lament that there will not be an Alberta election this year.

View attachment 293416
It makes me wonder if this could be the first time in Canadian history (I think?) that a provincial government went from the majority of one party, to the majority of another, back to the majority of the first, while having the same leader. Time will tell.

Back