News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Bravo, well said, it is sad and predictable our vaccination speed behind all other developed countries, seeing that we have an substitute arts teacher for a Prime Minister

While I will be the first to say Trudeau the younger lacks the intellectual gravitas of his father; he possesses far more of same than many others to hold high office.

You're also misrepresenting his education and employment.

As per Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Trudeau#University_and_early_career

First, on education, he has a B.A. in Literature.

He also has a B.A. in Education

While he didn't finish any other degrees, he has studied Engineering at the University level as well.

As a teacher, at an elite private school in Vancouver.........he taught French and Math.

He's flawlessly fluent in Canada's two official languages.

He was on McGill's debate team; has direct political experience; and of course, grew up with a father who was the second longest serving Prime Minister in Canadian history, who reigned 15 years, which
would be expected to yield at least some political insight.

I'm not convinced any one particular discipline of education or career path precludes or forfends political success. The issue is the ability to lead, and all that entails, in the political environment - the art of the possible. We had a significantly educated party leader, Ignatieff, who was patently unsuccessful. Career bureaucrats and politicians can well know how to work within the system, but when elevated to the big chair fail to inspire. A military commission may develop traits and skills that carry over, or maybe not; it's often how they take them and translate them into a less vertical environment.

Not political, but one of the best leaders I worked for in my 31 year career finished high school, period.

A country releases new LAWS all the time, have you heard about the COVID QUARANTINE ACT? You know that's a part of the LAW right?
Having a LAW background is not useful running a country???

Being in the MILITARY is a GREAT experience in MANAGING people, following DISCIPLINE and devoting yourself to your country and public and is DIRECTLY related to managing a country...

I'm unclear if you're serious or you're trolling at this point.

Without being dismissive of any merits that military experience may legitimately bring to someone......

1) Managing people is a skill that can be acquired by managing any people, in any work place. The object being to inspire, motivate, educate and instruct people on what needs to be done, and being able to follow through to see that it is.

That might arguably apply to a teacher who will have 20-30 pupils, whom he or she is charged with getting to learn and grasp new materials, then to establish same through projects and tests. One could even argue that a teacher, over a period of a short few years might be required to do so with hundreds of different people; and be able to be clearly measured in terms of effectiveness by then looking at the aforementioned test results/marks.

It would, needless to say, apply to any other profession in which people manage others, and is not unique to the military.

2) You don't believe that any discipline is required to obtain not one but two degrees from University?

Clearly you don't like our PM; and that's fine.

But I don't think you're being fair in your comparative attribution of skills/knowledge.

There are plenty of legitimate criticisms to wield our PM's way.

Why not stick to those?

Last edited:
A country releases new LAWS all the time, have you heard about the COVID QUARANTINE ACT? You know that's a part of the LAW right?

Being in the MILITARY is a GREAT experience in MANAGING people, following DISCIPLINE and devoting yourself to your country and public and is DIRECTLY related to managing a country...

Democratic countries do not '"release laws" - they are approved through a process that can see amendments made etc.

There is no such thing as the Covid Quarantine Act - you maybe be thinking of covid-specific REGULATIONS made under the Quarantine Act. There is a list at https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...y/acts-regulations/list-acts-regulations.html

The Military certainly does teach skills but they are not really trained to "manage" people as they operate on a principle of 'following orders" which is not really the best way to manage people who are used to (and generally encouraged to) expressing their own views.

You should speak to @kEiThZ and ask him the general view around O'Toole.

Anyways, O'Toole couldn't even say what he'd do differently when asked with respect to the vaccine situation. Some experience. What would he do? Scrub previous promises off the government website?

The Military certainly does teach skills but they are not really trained to "manage" people as they operate on a principle of 'following orders" which is not really the best way to manage people who are used to (and generally encouraged to) expressing their own views.

And our PM isn't a US Commander-in-Chief equivalent.

AoD

Last edited:

Trolling? You're the one typing in all caps.

Do you seriously think the PM is writing laws himself and no one is reviewing them?
You think a teacher doesn't have experience managing people?

It's absolutely far fetched to say that someone's professional background excludes them from being a leader, and that a helicopter pilot or a corporate lawyer is somehow more qualified than an eductor.

There is a big difference between 'manage' and 'lead' and their relative impact often depends on the cultural environment. Leadership has a hundred definitions, but they basically boil down to inspiring people to achieve the organization's goals. Whether it is the military or McDonalds, you can consult, study, share, collaborate all day in planning, but when it comes to execution, you need everybody on the same company page. If a staffer thinks they have a better idea about how to make a breakfast bacon sandwich, they can try to make their case internally, but if they persist against company policy, they may be unemployed. Operationally, if a military member decides go off script, people may die.

You manage processes; you lead people.

The proof is in the pudding, here's what our wonderful PM has achieved.

Keep making excuses for him and see our country fall behind further

Canada GDP Collapse Reveals How Trudeau’s Debt Binge Went Awry

Slow vaccine rollout in Canada expected to be a drag on economy
You've read the article right?

Goldy Hyder, president and chief executive of The Business Council of Canada, said some conditions in Canada could dull the impact of the slower vaccine rollout, such as a lower infection rate compared to other developed countries where vaccinations are happening at a faster clip. He added that the federal government has targeted the fall for the inoculation of all adult Canadians who want to be vaccinated, which would put the country only two or three months behind the United States.

“A difference of a couple of months is unlikely to have a significant impact on our economy,” Hyder said. “But it does underscore the urgency of an ‘all hands on deck’ approach to ramping up Canada’s vaccination campaign as quickly as possible.”

At present, I am less concerned about vaccine availability going forward, than provincial vaccination plans, which are haphazard (to be generous).

Also, literally dated on the same day as the Bloomberg article you have cited:

Canada’s Economy Powers Into 2021 Despite Covid Restrictions

AoD

Last edited:
The proof is in the pudding, here's what our wonderful PM has achieved.

Keep making excuses for him and see our country fall behind further

Canada GDP Collapse Reveals How Trudeau’s Debt Binge Went Awry

Slow vaccine rollout in Canada expected to be a drag on economy

Please stop making frivolous use of capital letters and bolding.

These stylisms do not augment your arguments.

Bold is something you typically apply to other people's text, in a quote, to highlight the portion of the passage to which you wish to draw attention.

Capital letters start sentences and proper names.

You can legitimately criticize our Prime Minister on any number of fronts.

But taking those critiques past their logical extremes; and doing so largely without any supporting evidence or citations serves no logical purpose.

You'll find other posters at UT who are more sympathetic to the NDP or Greens; and others who would broadly prefer small-c Conservatives (endorsers of the current Federal party are in short supply).

Additionally you'll find non-partisans and disenchanted Liberals who would be happy enough to see Mr. Trudeau replaced, even if with another Liberal.

In other words, there's an audience here that will happily receive a thoughtful critique of the current Federal government, and its leader.

But the key would be to single out policies or actions with which you disagree, provide supporting evidence for same; and a potential alternative.

That might be quite persuasive.

But the fact you clearly dislike someone with an intensity that borders on pathology does not make good argument.

Just saying.

Please stop making frivolous use of capital letters and bolding.

These stylisms do not augment your arguments.

Bold is something you typically apply to other people's text, in a quote, to highlight the portion of the passage to which you wish to draw attention.

Capital letters start sentences and proper names.

You can legitimately criticize our Prime Minister on any number of fronts.

But taking those critiques past their logical extremes; and doing so largely without any supporting evidence or citations serves no logical purpose.

You'll find other posters at UT who are more sympathetic to the NDP or Greens; and others who would broadly prefer small-c Conservatives (endorsers of the current Federal party are in short supply).

Additionally you'll find non-partisans and disenchanted Liberals who would be happy enough to see Mr. Trudeau replaced, even if with another Liberal.

In other words, there's an audience here that will happily receive a thoughtful critique of the current Federal government, and its leader.

But the key would be to single out policies or actions with which you disagree, provide supporting evidence for same; and a potential alternative.

That might be quite persuasive.

But the fact you clearly dislike someone with an intensity that borders on pathology does not make good argument.

Just saying.

Why can't I express myself creatively as I want?
There are no rules on here when to bold or when to capitalize, and those aren't the only uses of bold and capitalization in a forum
I just copied the article titles as they are on the websites
You are clearly very eloquent but I don't see a problem if I want to format my posts

I posted articles of Canada falling behind in vaccination, it is a fact that we as a country did not do a good job procuring & administering them
And because of low vaccination, we cannot open up the economy. Which is another article I posted, not something I dreamt of last night

And hence I concluded that we have weak leadership (PM) compared to the US who vaccinates many many times our number daily
What is wrong with that?

That's a right-wing dog whistle if I ever heard one.
I am critical of all our leaders when they're not up to par, regardless of their political party
I think Trudeau is inexperienced leading our country through a global pandemic and posted articles indicating so
So I am not the only one that think that way.

Anyways, I don't think you and I will agree on this so I will just skip your posts

I am critical of all our leaders when they're not up to par, regardless of their political party
I think Trudeau is inexperienced leading our country through a global pandemic and posted articles indicating so
So I am not the only one that think that way.

Anyways, I don't think you and I will agree on this so I will just skip your posts
Yes, that's an excellent idea and I will now add YOU to the (very few) UTers whom I officially 'ignore'

Why can't I express myself creatively as I want?
There are no rules on here when to bold or when to capitalize, and those aren't the only uses of bold and capitalization in a forum
I just copied the article titles as they are on the websites
I are clearly very eloquent but I don't see a problem if I want to format my posts

I posted articles of Canada falling behind in vaccination, it is a fact that we as a country did not do a good job procuring & administering them
And because of low vaccination, we cannot open up the economy. Which is another article I posted, not something I dreamt of last night

And hence I concluded that we have weak leadership (PM) compared to the US who vaccinates many many times our number daily
What is wrong with that?

What's wrong with your creativity is that there are rules around syntax and formatting implicit to all written/typed speech.

This is so that everyone has a common understanding of implied tone. All capital letters for a word indicates 'shouting' in contemporary parlance.

How would you feel if someone shouted every other paragraph? I presume you would view it unfavourably. The rest of us are no different.

There is nothing wrong with making a factual statement about the vaccination rate in Canada.

However, in order to assert any blame, you would have to first show an error, and an alternative.

"Its wrong because its slow; the PM is an @#$# cause its slow" does not follow logically without supplementary evidence.

What precise action could the Prime Minister have taken to make this go faster? Evidence.

That's the basis of a credible argument.

For the record, there are actions that could have been taken; whether they would have made a material difference; or whether they would have been worth the fall-out and cost is a different question.

But irrespective of that, you haven't touched on what actions you would have liked to see; or which of those, if any, were endorsed by any other political leader.

Absent that your argument is fairly weak.

No amount of capital letters or bolding improves its quality any either.

Last edited:

Back