News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

My employer, in our long range planning, are just starting to account for $170/tonne carbon tax. Not really changing direction, just accelerating trends.

Definitely. Even with the funding, there's no practical way to stop buying diesel buses immediately. While the preliminary findings in the TTC report show some good news, there still seems to be many issues to overcome before battery-electric buses can effectively replace diesel buses.

When you think of the TTC's experience with hybrid buses, it took over a decade them to get to the point where the they were happy with them. Even longer when you consider launch of the Lockheed Martin Orion hybrid bus goes back to 1998.

I am not sure how much of an impact switching to all electric buses will have to the overall GHG emissions in the transportation sector:

1619658256387.png

The main issue we have is trucking, passenger trucks and cars. The rest are almost a rounding error.

AoD

I am not sure how much of an impact switching to all electric buses will have to the overall GHG emissions in the transportation sector:

View attachment 315855

The main issue we have is trucking, passenger trucks and cars. The rest are almost a rounding error.

AoD

Yep, this is almost entirely about personal cars/SUVs/pickups, and heavy goods trucks. Aviation is a big bogeyman but even eliminating it won't move the needle much.

We'll also need to decarbonize building systems, and some big industrial processes.

Yep, this is almost entirely about personal cars/SUVs/pickups, and heavy goods trucks. Aviation is a big bogeyman but even eliminating it won't move the needle much.

It's never going to be a 1:1 replacement. Eliminating a car requires the development of intercity transport options in addition to public transit.

It's never going to be a 1:1 replacement. Eliminating a car requires the development of intercity transport options in addition to public transit.
I think most of it is going to be via electrification (BEV).

I assume the Rogers clan will be quarantining in an airport hotel when they return home??

This from BlogTO https://www.blogto.com/city/2021/05/toronto-mar-a-lago-trump/

"What do the chairman of Rogers Communications, the niece of Toronto Raptors founder John Bitove, and former U.S. president Donald J. Trump all have in common (aside from having tons of money)?

They were all spotted hanging out the latter rich person's exclusive Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, this past weekend despite Ontario's stay-at-home orders, much to the shock and revulsion of Toronto "society" watchers.

Even worse, the Canadian elites weren't covertly photographed by some third-party gossip hound — they were proudly outed by one of their own, fashion philanthropist Suzanne Rogers.

I assume the Rogers clan will be quarantining in an airport hotel when they return home??

This from BlogTO https://www.blogto.com/city/2021/05/toronto-mar-a-lago-trump/

"What do the chairman of Rogers Communications, the niece of Toronto Raptors founder John Bitove, and former U.S. president Donald J. Trump all have in common (aside from having tons of money)?

They were all spotted hanging out the latter rich person's exclusive Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, this past weekend despite Ontario's stay-at-home orders, much to the shock and revulsion of Toronto "society" watchers.

Even worse, the Canadian elites weren't covertly photographed by some third-party gossip hound — they were proudly outed by one of their own, fashion philanthropist Suzanne Rogers.

So much money, so little taste.

AoD

View attachment 315855

AoD
Transportation in general is a minor problem, especially given that the car manufacturers are going ahead with electric.

Housing is the problem. Can confirm that the gov is stuck on gas.

The CPC is a dumpster fire...
Canadian politics is a joke, be it NDP LIB or CPC they're all corrupt. There is no party that's "decent" because they all do shady stuff. And in the end the normal people get screwed over.

Interesting news.
She had said a few months ago that she was not running in next election so I assume she has probably received offers from the private sector and though 'let's get it over with'. She could. probably, just have take on almost full time work and collected her MP salary at the same time for a few more months so I suppose she should be commended.

Canadian politics is a joke, be it NDP LIB or CPC they're all corrupt. There is no party that's "decent" because they all do shady stuff. And in the end the normal people get screwed over.

Let me guess. You voted NDP or CPC and are frustrated the party you like isn't in power.

In my experience. That's usually where the, "they're all the same," comes from. Sour grapes.

Back