News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I do wonder now if this is the beginning of the process towards resignation. With the separation now in public there will no doubt be more scrutiny on him probably pressure from within to step down as the optics of a divorced leader does not bode well in the public eye.

I do wonder now if this is the beginning of the process towards resignation. With the separation now in public there will no doubt be more scrutiny on him probably pressure from within to step down as the optics of a divorced leader does not bode well in the public eye.

I'm uncertain why anyone would care that their Prime Minister or Premier had been divorced.

The former Premier of Ontario (Wynne) divorced her husband.

Trudeau the elder and his wife both had open affairs.

Shrug.

Its what you do w/the levers of power and public policy that matter.

I have no genuine interest in the personal lives of our pols, unless and except its indicative of conflict of interest or some other adverse impact to public policy or the operation of government.

That said, for those with morbid fascinations with such things, it is my understanding that both parties 'moved on' along time ago, and this is merely the public story catching up.
Agreed. I heard from a good source ages ago that they had split. Not sure why they waited so long, because what does it matter? They are hardly the first couple to split and it makes zero difference to his politics or job.

Chow should bus the refugees to 24 Sussex Drive. Trudeau can now find a bachelor pad to live in.

Trudeau isn't living in 24 Sussex, which is borderline condemned.

He's in Rideau Cottage.

LOL

But I agree w/your notion in spirit.

Why? Getting a divorce is really not connected to one's political choices - lets not start down THAT rabbit hole!
It's not like the medieval times where marriages were political unions and nothing to do with love.

It's not like the medieval times where marriages were political unions and nothing to do with love.
It's still not so different, there are often unspoken agreements that even if a marriage is over, the marriage is kept up for appearances and separation only occurs after the politician has left office or their political career is over.

Back