News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What Should The New Eglinton/Scarborough LRT/Metro Be Called?

• Eglinton Crosstown LRT

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Eglinton Metro

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Midtown LRT

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Midtown Metro

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Crosstown LRT

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Crosstown Metro

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Etobicoke-Eglinton-Scarborough LRT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Etobicoke-Eglinton-Scarborough Metro

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 18 19.4%

• Total voters
The Robway - since Rob Ford will be robbing suburbanites of a more extensive surface transit system to pay for it.

Maybe it's time to call them by colors like in Chicago and Montreal...

Blue line...
Or maybe we should be like London, HK, Tokyo etc and continue to use named lines.
My vote would be for Eglinton Line. I would be against introducing new terminology ("metro") at this point.

Do we know for sure whether or not it will be 100% grade separated? That is what will determine the "type" of line, not individual preference. If it is grade-separated then it will be called "subway" or "metro" and if there are, it will be called "LRT". Between subway and metro, I would choose "subway" since that's what we've been using up to this point. Riders don't care whether the train has pantographs or contact shoes.

As for the "name" of the line, it should probably include "Eglinton", but then there's the issue that in Scarborough it will be over 5km away from Eglinton. I'm not sure whether people will be bothered by this. Are people bothered by the way the Danforth Line is a long way from Danforth in the east end?

If it is fully grade separated, then does it make sense to still use POP? Using fare gates would result in lower fare evasion and allow unimpeded transfers to other subway lines.

How about "The 4 billion extra dollars to extend a tram underground through one of the most unappealing, industrial sections of Scarborough based on the nonsense ideology of one man who doesn't ride public transit and who can act completely unilaterally because he got 47% of the vote which is because he looks like the kind of guy I want to drink a beer with and if my neighbour's tree is three feet over onto my property line I can call him up anytime cause he's a real stand up guy who will stop gravy trains and I don't know about that other guy who ran for mayor, but I heard he's a homo and he used to do cocaine while he was working at eHealth" line?

Last edited:
How about "The 4 billion extra dollars to extend a tram underground through one of the most unappealing, industrial sections of Scarborough based on the nonsense ideology of one man who doesn't ride public transit and who can act completely unilaterally because he got 47% of the vote which is because he looks like the kind of guy I want to drink a beer with and if my neighbour's tree is three feet over onto my property line I can call him up anytime cause he's a real stand up guy who will stop gravy trains and I don't know about that other guy who ran for mayor, but I heard he's a homo and he used to do cocaine while he was working at eHealth" line?

Huh..Twisted and Crazy

Can you provide that in acronym form please? :)

The Robway - since Rob Ford will be robbing suburbanites of a more extensive surface transit system to pay for it.

You mean an extensive surface transit system that would've stopped at every light and been at the mercy of traffic and weather? Suburbanites are clearly missing out.

You mean an extensive surface transit system that would've stopped at every light and been at the mercy of traffic and weather? Suburbanites are clearly missing out.

Yes, Suburbanites are going to love their new enhanced bus service that will stop at every light, and be at the mercy of traffic and weather. Good to know Rob Ford cares about the suburbs!

The new Eglinton Crosstown LRT should be named "Scarlem line" since everything is so ghetto in Scarborough.

Eglinton Crosstown. Period.

Ford promised subways but delivers LRTs instead (don't give me the they're underground so same thing line), which will likely have to be expanded to full subways in very little time. I doubt that he has ever been on the Scarborough RT, which is a claustrophobic nightmare and cannot possibly handle the heavy traffic the EC promises in future. Really disappointed with this plan. And what of the Pearson link? Guess he's relying on the Union-Station PanAm games link. Disastrous planning. Boo!

With no plan in place to raise the money for the subway expansion, the mayor is offering nothing. What we got is less for more.

Back