News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Devil's Advocate

Replace Gardiner expressway with ICTS/ART line. It's already elevated so have the work is done:D. And Metrolinx gets to have a ICTS and can leave(hopefully) the Eglinton Crosstown as a LRT.

Lets build an elevated right of way for the St. Clair streetcar line, should take about 4 years and $100,000,000, then watch the TTC management and unions move heaven and earth to make sure that the same number of riders take the same amount of time to travel it as when it was crippled by traffic congestion.

Armed with the lessons learned on this project we can move on with great confidence to do the same on Finch and Eglinton etc.

No more
dane-muldoon-free-parking.jpg
especially in sprawlurbia.

Lets build an elevated right of way for the St. Clair streetcar line, should take about 4 years and $100,000,000, then watch the TTC management and unions move heaven and earth to make sure that the same number of riders take the same amount of time to travel it as when it was crippled by traffic congestion.

Armed with the lessons learned on this project we can move on with great confidence to do the same on Finch and Eglinton etc.

Better yet... elevate St. Clair and leave the ROW below the newly elevated St. Clair. Instant subway and PATH system expansion!

A lakeside subway line with a stop right under my street, because I want to be able to get downtown quicker.. Oh and that subway should have less seating and a performance area for opera and ballet.. Ya, it'll be the nice line.

Mea culpa, I meant an exclusive ROW not an elevated structure although it is even sillier to contemplate.

I forgot.. we could get designers to have boutiques in the back car of all subway trains so if anyone gets urge to buy Gucci pumps they can catch the subway!

Fire the entire TTC management and replace them with people from China Railway Construction Group.

I forgot.. we could get designers to have boutiques in the back car of all subway trains so if anyone gets urge to buy Gucci pumps they can catch the subway!

Oddly enough that idea almost came true for the GO Trains. Execpt it was to convert of of the cars into a starbucks:rolleyes:

Oddly enough that idea almost came true for the GO Trains. Execpt it was to convert of of the cars into a starbucks:rolleyes:

What about putting vending machines (ie. coffee, newspapers, soft drinks, paperback books) over the front low-floor bus wheel wells.

Instead of park and rides in the suburbs, you could load up your car on the train which will take you to union, where you can drive to your office's underground parking garage.

chunnel02.jpg

Back