39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

IMG_0267.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0267.PNG
    IMG_0267.PNG
    141.3 KB · Views: 364
Crowds for Canadian high school football are pretty small. An American high school team could have stands surrounding that field and be full! Last time I was there every high school football field seemed to have high bleachers surrounding it.

But as I suggested, Centennial Park Stadium itself looks like it once had more seating, or provision for the same--the profiling of the surrounding slopes indicates as much.

Given the curse of the Ford name, I wouldn't be surprised if a renaming was followed within a few years by mothballing and then demolition.

But as I suggested, Centennial Park Stadium itself looks like it once had more seating, or provision for the same--the profiling of the surrounding slopes indicates as much.

Given the curse of the Ford name, I wouldn't be surprised if a renaming was followed within a few years by mothballing and then demolition.
http://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/etobicoke-centennial-stadium

If you look at the historic Paralympic photos it shows that there wasn't seating on the berms. Strictly for appearances/grass seating.

By a vote of 35-5, Wong Tam’s Vision Zero motion is added to the agenda. Chair of Public Works committee voted against.

However, the big surprise to me is that Michael Ford voted YES for Vision Zero. See link. Who is this imposter? And we just might keep him around?

DLKyM8iXUAAcU9I.jpg:large

By a vote of 35-5, Wong Tam’s Vision Zero motion is added to the agenda. Chair of Public Works committee voted against.

However, the big surprise to me is that Michael Ford voted YES for Vision Zero. See link. Who is this imposter? And we just might keep him around?

Well, no Etobian but Campbell voted against...

Council is apparently debating that renaming of a stadium in honor of the former mayor. If it gets rejected, that is just an excuse for CP2Ford to feature Doug every hour...

Council is apparently debating that renaming of a stadium in honor of the former mayor. If it gets rejected, that is just an excuse for CP2Ford to feature Doug every hour...
Item was held over by Campbell. Any indication on how the vote will land/? I'm guessing 30-10 in favour.

Item was held over by Campbell. Any indication on how the vote will land/? I'm guessing 30-10 in favour.
As much as I think it's not appropriate to name anything after Rob, let alone a stadium for kids, maybe it's the easiest way to get Doug to shut up for a few months. He only started this BS to keep his name in the news and couldn't give a shit if Rob is "remembered". As if we could ever forget Rob Ford and the horrific job he did as mayor!
Sometimes you just have to cut your losses, and if it keeps Doug quiet, then I guess a stadium it is.
But damn, I hate giving into bullies.:(

As much as I think it's not appropriate to name anything after Rob, let alone a stadium for kids, maybe it's the easiest way to get Doug to shut up for a few months. He only started this BS to keep his name in the news and couldn't give a shit if Rob is "remembered". As if we could ever forget Rob Ford and the horrific job he did as mayor!
Sometimes you just have to cut your losses, and if it keeps Doug quiet, then I guess a stadium it is.
But damn, I hate giving into bullies.:(

Honestly though, you aren't going to shut him up by giving in. There might be more to be gained by reminding everyone what a sh*t job he did.

AoD

Honestly though, you aren't going to shut him up by giving in. There might be more to be gained by reminding everyone what a sh*t job he did.

AoD
I'm afraid you're right, he'll just find something else to try and stay in the news. Doug isn't a "regular" politician, and needs to be treated accordingly. Hopefully, the gloves are off right from the start. When is Daniel due back from Washington?;)

Back