News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I don't know. I think Liberal supporter's are being a bit to smug and arrogant about this.

So far Ford has managed to deflect all the 'scandals' the Liberals have tried to throw at him.

He also been on message and hasn't offered up and Tory or Hudak type of mistakes.

Pretty much. That was what happened with Rob and Trump; people just didn't take them seriously enough.

I don't know. I think Liberal supporter's are being a bit to smug and arrogant about this.

So far Ford has managed to deflect all the 'scandals' the Liberals have tried to throw at him.

He also been on message and hasn't offered up and Tory or Hudak type of mistakes.

Given the recent polling numbers and trends, it seems some of it is sticking.

I think Liberal supporter's are being a bit to smug and arrogant about this.

But not everyone objecting to the Tories' own particular brand of corruption is a Liberal supporter. I'm daresay most of us aren't. I know it would be nice to be able to dismiss these complaints as carping from blind partisans acting from nothing but tribalism, but that is not the case.

Ford is a major league scumbag. It wasn't that long ago that he and his pea-brained brother turned the city government into a freak show of such proportions, it became an international laughing stock, a distinction that Ford, bizarrely, wants to claim credit for. We as yet have no idea as to the full extent of his role in the scuzzy method of Patrick Brown's ouster (or the accompanying sewage that's cropped up at all levels in the provincial PC party after that charming episode), and we still have no notion of his involvement in some of the shadier doings during Mayor Dum Dum's fucked-up tenure as mayor, particularly the extremely violent incidents that surrounded the assclown's crack tape.

As for the latest round of shenanigans, the political website Counterpunch summarized it fairly succinctly today:

"The Ford campaign is also having to deal with a burgeoning scandal that involves at least 29, and perhaps as many as 40, of the 124 Conservative candidates. Allegations, already largely substantiated in a variety of ways, suggest they paid $20,000 each for a scheme, or a “specific method,” where a twice-convicted fraudster bused international students with fake identification — generated from stolen toll road data — from nomination meeting to nomination meeting to stuff ballot boxes in their favour. The allegations are being investigated by not just two, but also a third police force (Hamilton), as well as internally by the Conservative party and by the toll operator whose data was stolen. Ontario’s Privacy Commissioner is officially looking into the matter too, with calls by the other two main political parties for the provincial police to get involved. On Sunday, we learned that Ontario’s election watchdog, too, is now investigating, bringing the total number of investigations to at least seven."

This isn't nothing.

But it does seem like the 407 story is already falling to the back-burner.

Unless there are follow-up allegations or charges the media will let the story slide.

Edit: I can't even find the story on the Star's website front page or Election page.

But it does seem like the 407 story is already falling to the back-burner.

Unless there are follow-up allegations or charges the media will let the story slide.

Edit: I can't even find the story on the Star's website front page or Election page.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...io-elections-watchdog-reviewing-pc-candidate/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...ns-watchdog-reviewing-pc-candidate-campaigns/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...lection-no-longer-absolutely-certain-experts/

It doesn't seem like this story going away, and given everything that's come out so far I can't help but think there's more to come.

The latest poll results are taking over -- now it's up to Horwath and Wynne to keep the voters reminded about the 407 questions.

These aren't the main stories anymore though.

Of course not, they move up and down as new stories come out.

Expecting a story to remain the main story on any news website for more than a day is completely unrealistic.

If the PC's don't win and Doug doesn't win his seat, does he go back to running for mayor?

Back