News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

In fairness, ends always justify the means for everyone. LOL
Really, any process, at least in theory serves an end goal.
That phrase has always irritated me.
What people mean is that some ends are insufficient to justify some means.

Well, if one wanted to be more exact - Some ends justify unbounded means.

AoD

In fairness, ends always justify the means for everyone. LOL

Really, any process, at least in theory serves an end goal.

That phrase has always irritated me.

What people mean is that some ends are insufficient to justify some means.
I don’t know. I can think of many ends that wouldn’t be justified by some means for me ... like if the means were murdering someone. I don’t even have to go that far. There are “ends” I have given up because achieving them would have hurt people I care about.

I don’t know. I can think of many ends that wouldn’t be justified by some means for me ... like if the means were murdering someone. I don’t even have to go that far. There are “ends” I have given up because achieving them would have hurt people I care about.

I wasn't implying that all ends justify all means.

Merely that if you have a means, whatever that may be, it is one you justify by virtue of your end goal.

A diet might be the means to lose weight. The end justifies the means.

If it did not, then surely you shouldn't pursue it

Clearly some means are not justified by their ends in most of our eyes.

Found this little gem from last week:
https://twitter.com/votemuslim/status/996935744538034176?s=21

Dear @fordnation,
When will you get the axe from the PC caucus for having an affair with not one but TWO candidates? @Christina_Mitas @KingaSurma2018 #onpoli

Doug stayed surprisingly disciplined for the first little while but things are starting to unravel. If he's premier it'll be constant boondoggles.

I wonder if it might ever come out if he'd played some role in trying to suppress the crack video.

On a side note just as entertainment, here's a funny throwback from the old days I just recently noticed. The day Rob's murder rant video came out SL posts this on PA's friend's Facebook page. So I guess it was filmed at his house and they thought PA was behind it.

It was up all this time until recently he seems to have deleted it years later.

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpg
    IMG_1832.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 178
Well, for a start, some intrepid reporter could investigate why Kinga is living in one of Diane Ford's condos, and who exactly owns the lease to her car.

ALLEGEDLY.

This didn't even end up being the story.

The Liberals are pushing another nomination scandal. But I wonder how much the general public cares, or is this just inside baseball for political junkies?

Besides at this point most people have tuned out the Liberals. And again who wants to listen to Deb Matthews?

1) He probably had friendly competitions with Rob to see who could keep their weight down (the Cut the Waist Challenge was a public example)
2) All of the candidates pretty much live off of fast food during the campaign period. Considering he also had to run for PC leader, that's probably several straight months of fast food.
Failed anger management classes... comes from pushing all that stress and anxiety deep down into the soul.:p

In last Federal election, most would agree that Trudeau was the best looking candidate based on appearance (hair, age, etc.) I say that shows favourably for Horwath, especially in the cities where that is the biggest deciding factor.
1960 Nixon-Kennedy debate, Nixon didn't shave and looked tired and old compared to Kennedy's youthful and energetic appearance.

The Cut the Waist challenge wasn't friendly, he knew Rob would fall off the wagon pretty quickly while he had more willpower. It was just one other way to make his brother look like a fool and make him look better.
Dougie is the biggest bully in the family; I attribute quite a lot of Robbie's insecurity to him.

They have already thrown Brown under the bus on that one though.

I don't think the police are going to be laying charges before June 7.
If the Conservatives decide that after the election, either way, could get rid of him and there is really nothing Dougie can do.

Here is my guess of what the Globe & Mail endorsement will be:

"We endorse the PC's forming a minority government, but not Doug Ford being premier"

It's the party that has won the Provincial election, not the leader.

If a sitting Premier is deamed incapable of any or all of Article 22; they can also be forced to resign.

ARTICLE 22 - THE LEADER
22.1 There shall be a Leader of the Party who shall, subject to this Constitution, be responsible for the overall direction of the Party.

22.2 The responsibilities of the Leader include:
(a) speaking and acting on behalf of the Party as its chief public official;
(b) promoting the Party, its principles and policies, while providing the overall vision and direction for the Party;
(c) ensuring the development of the election platform consistent with policies approved by the Party;
(d) conducting the election campaign in a manner that best earns the support of all Ontarians, while respecting the principles and policies of the Party;
(e) reporting to, and carrying out an accountability session with, the membership at every General and Special General Meeting;
(f) reporting to the Executive at least quarterly; and
(g) nominating the Executive Director of the Party subject to ratification by the Executive.

22.3 The Leader shall obtain the ratification of the Party election platform, both from the Caucus and from the Policy Committee of the Party as constituted in Section 19.6, prior to its public release.

Then Article 24 can be used.

ARTICLE 24 - LEADERSHIP REVIEW
24.1 At the first general meeting of the Party following an Ontario general election in which the Caucus does not form the Government of Ontario, and only at such meeting, the delegates shall be asked by secret ballot: "Do you wish to have a leadership election?"

24.2 In the event that more than 50% of the votes cast are in the affirmative, the Executive shall call a leadership election and such election shall occur at the earliest convenient date as determined by the Executive.

Back