News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I don't understand the implications, can you please explain this rumour? Or is it just a joke, saying it'd be shocking that he's not so out of touch that he actually realizes that uber drivers use GPS?
He’s down by the Humber watching the submarine races?

I've not spent a lot of time between Germany and Russia as the timezone makes working remotely tricky; but in many of them drinking in public spaces (parks, etc.) is not legal. Public drinking actually seems more of a Western Europe thing (Spain, France, Germany).

Belgium perhaps. There is a Carrefour in Brussels that is (probably) in the government owned part of the metro station (Midi or Central IIRC); not fare-paid area though. Alcohol in Belgium isn't really banned anywhere but they do have strictly enforced public drunkenness laws.

Drinking on the Underground was allowed until about a decade ago. It's still pretty common outside of london to just passout near the train station waiting for morning service to start.

Czechs, Slovaks, Germans, Poles....all drink willy nilly and it's legal. At least it appears to be. I don't actually know for a fact if it is or not but if you walk around Poznan, Brno, Frankfurt, or Presov you couldn't tell it wasn't.
Kiosks everywhere....especially in Germany. Bottle opener at the cash. Some places I don't even know if I have to put out my smoke before entering a building.

I think Germany has it the most lax from what I can tell. It was like going to a place where I was finally trusted to be an adult! I almost cried.....and never mind alcohol, I was in a rough part of Frankfurt (naturally) and walked by two dudes shooting up outside a bar as the cops were rolling by. Cops only stopped to tell another group of rough-looking folk to disperse as they were causing a scene. Left the two poppy-heads alone to nod off.
That's my kind of police force, I dare say.

Now we're off topic....or are we? A Ford premiership will probably result in a lot of people going off their tree.

PS: How did we turn a joke into a side project here? hahaaaa

Doug Ford promises fully costed platform ‘by the end of this campaign’

See link.

Doug Ford said Tuesday that he will give a full account of how a Progressive Conservative government would pay for all of its election promises “by the end of this campaign.”

The PC leader did not provide a specific date, however, with little more than a week remaining until Ontario voters go to the polls.

Doug Ford promises his "résumé" by the end of the job interview.

What would you do, if someone did this looking for a job and you were selecting the candidate for the "Premier of Ontario" job?

"We're moving in a different direction."

You can drink about anywhere in Austria. It's kind of liberating to bring beer or a bottle of wine to a public park. The smoking, however, is fairly unbearable and occurs everywhere. Even in hospitals, though when I was there it had recently become restricted to certain areas. There was, in fact, a "smoking room" off the OR suite. It wasn't especially airtight, so smoke would waft under the door out toward the nursing station and throughout the central core. So you could walk around what was actually a fairly sophisticated OR (more than any Canadian OR I've worked in) and it smelled like a Coffee Time c. 1993. God help you if you went in that smoking room (at least fresh scrubs were easily accessible).

This election needs to be over!

Doug Ford promises fully costed platform ‘by the end of this campaign.....

Yeah like Trump promised to release his tax information?
With a deep **SIGH**

Using term-paper-deadline logic, I can see him furiously typing out the last pages on election eve and presenting his platform during his victory(?) speech. And maybe still not altogether finished; "give me an extra day, willya"...

Back