News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Updated the thread title... let’s hope it won’t take four years to change it again.
I looked at page 1 and this appears to have started with Ford considering a run for mayor. I guess the first run was all under the Rob Ford thread.

In hindsight, these should have been separate threads.

I looked at page 1 and this appears to have started with Ford considering a run for mayor. I guess the first run was all under the Rob Ford thread.

In hindsight, these should have been separate threads.
Yeah, we shut down the Rob thread after he died. Doug has always bounced between mayor, Ontario and federal. This was just the bet that paid off.

This place is going to feel like a funeral :D

We're lucky to live here.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have really had a problem with a PC victory with someone like Elliot or Mulroney in charge. Under Ford I predict a very inefficient four years.

That said, there are checks and balances in place so I don't expect anything disastrous.

I wish everyone the best and hope he does a great job, despite what the past tells us.

Let's be optimistic: there is a theoretical possibility that at some point there is a vote of no confidence in the government in which enough PC MPPs vote against their government.

It could happen.
Has that ever happened to a majority government in any province? It seems to be improbable.

We don't need to survive it - we can dump it. I say time for downtown radicals to push the Toronto independence movement, let the brain dead suburban Ontario voters have their moron-in-chief, make Toronto a city state once and for all. I wasn't radical before but I sure as hell am now. Time to kick Ontario out of Toronto. torontocanada.

Back