News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

His Last Name is the main reason why he is Prime Minister.

The very moment he ran for PM, every single Canadian knew who he was, what he stood for and what a kind of person he is. Any other party leader struggles to get a fraction of name recognization that Trudeau Started with.

Its the only reason why mom and dad and all my older relatives voted for out of blind loyalty to Trudeau Sr lol.

His last name, the party he ran for, the party previously in power for nearly a decade...there were many factors.

I'd add that his last name was a very negative factor for many, yet he still did well in BC.

His name was far from the only factor in his win.

It's like suggesting Rob Ford and his brother won because people are idiots.

like Obama hes getting a second term... maybe not as popular as before but popular enough not to worry too much about it... The third term will be the tricky one.

Even if one didnt particularly love Trudeau, would one really want Ford for Premier, Tory as Mayor and a PC at Sussex drive... That sounds like one hell of a gamble.

Yes, as if having the various levels of government at odds with each other ideologically has worked out great for this City thus far.

After nearly 15 years of not winning seats in Toronto, the PC's seem to want that to happen again. Going after municipal governments across the province is a bad idea. When I was up in Innisfil this weekend, they had signs everywhere. How would those candidates feel if Doug decided that positions were being cut?

Yes, as if having the various levels of government at odds with each other ideologically has worked out great for this City thus far.
True, with all three levels of government conservative well be fiscally responsible by canceling fireworks to celebrate holidays instead opting for burning crosses.

His last name, the party he ran for, the party previously in power for nearly a decade...there were many factors.

I'd add that his last name was a very negative factor for many, yet he still did well in BC.

Agreed.

Justin won Quebec, and one might have thought that his last name would have tarnished any support in that province.

I think the moment he became prime minister, he should have stopped being judged by his last name and instead by his tenure as PM. (That is not a compliment.)

It's like suggesting Rob Ford and his brother won because people are idiots.

Isnt that what most people been saying here lol

Agreed.

Justin won Quebec, and one might have thought that his last name would have tarnished any support in that province.

I think the moment he became prime minister, he should have stopped being judged by his last name and instead by his tenure as PM. (That is not a compliment.)

Doug Ford also shouldn't be judged by his last name, and contrasted to Trudeau, he's already accomplished far more of his agenda (whether you like what he's doing or not) in three short months than the Prime Minister has accomplished of his mandate in over three years.

Isnt that what most people been saying here lol

This isn't new or unique to Toronto or even Ontario. Conservatives the world over are under attack and we're repeatedly browbeated for our political choices and made to feel ridiculed and belittled for daring not to be politically "correct" - whatever that means.

Back