News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'm not sure if the OLP has a "Justin" waiting in the wings. Bob Rae also played an important stewardship role as interim leader of the federal party.

But with Ford being so polarizing, it's hard to see the Liberals evaporate completely. There needs to be a safety valve for the "too educated to vote Ford, too bourgeois to vote NDP" demographic.
With Wynne taking the Liberals too far left for a lot of voters, the NDP still being haunted by the ghost of Bob Rae, and Ford taking the Conservatives right off the deep end, I think what the Liberals need is a moderate centrist to restore some sanity. Kind of like what the PCs used to have when the P actually meant something. Dare I say it, a John Tory type.

With Wynne taking the Liberals too far left for a lot of voters, the NDP still being haunted by the ghost of Bob Rae, and Ford taking the Conservatives right off the deep end, I think what the Liberals need is a moderate centrist to restore some sanity. Kind of like what the PCs used to have when the P actually meant something. Dare I say it, a John Tory type.

The moderate centrist needs to be able to stand up to the SJW's in the Liberal party. The Liberals need to be a bully every now and then and ignore the complaints and hurt feelings.

I have been a supporter and member of the NDP for years and keep hoping the party will go back to the blue collar working man’s party. If the Liberals get the right leader, i can definitely jump ship next election.

You are presuming that the electorate will have perfect memory - if they even know about this instance of overrreach. He already looked stupid - but that didn't prevent him from getting elected.

AoD
Being stupid and looking stupid was irrelevant in winning a Tory majority . It simpy didn't matter. No platform and just a big, stupid grin was all it took. He was well handled.

The moderate centrist needs to be able to stand up to the SJW's in the Liberal party. The Liberals need to be a bully every now and then and ignore the complaints and hurt feelings.

I have been a supporter and member of the NDP for years and keep hoping the party will go back to the blue collar working man’s party. If the Liberals get the right leader, i can definitely jump ship next election.
working man and woman's party*

What happens if the city clerk resigns? She already has her own counsel, if she feels there can't be a fair election, I can see her doing that.

Poor Doug, always the midnight martyr for an ungrateful Toronto...

Cynthia Mulligan‏Verified account@CityCynthia
Doug Ford stands and says no one will lose their rights (to much jeering from NDP) then assures smaller council will work, “I took care of a dozen wards myself because existing councillors were ignoring their wards."

"No one has done more for the wards of Toronto...." The bullshit claims never stop with him.

Poor Doug, always the midnight martyr for an ungrateful Toronto...

Cynthia Mulligan‏Verified account@CityCynthia
Doug Ford stands and says no one will lose their rights (to much jeering from NDP) then assures smaller council will work, “I took care of a dozen wards myself because existing councillors were ignoring their wards."

LOL

A dozen wards?

I guess Toronto needs only 3 or 4 councilors then.

For smaller cities, a single Mayor should be able to handle the job on their own.

Wynne was the moderate centrist that you're calling for. She projected a vaguely progressive image while doing the right's dirty work for them when they were out of power. That's what "centrists" do.

Being stupid and looking stupid was irrelevant in winning a Tory majority . It simply didn't matter. No platform and just a big, stupid grin was all it took. He was well handled.

And he was lucky. He happened to come sliming along when the Liberals completely imploded under the "leadership" of an utter incompetent. Add to that the working class' habitual distrust of the left (we're still hearing about "far left Kathleen Wynne," for Chrissakes) and the fact that Andrea Horwath, whatever her good qualities, is about as inspiring as a limp dishrag. Still, the NDP aren't currently lead by a crazy person, so the electorate had a clear choice here apart from political suicide...but times are tough, and people were pissed off and in the mood to smash things. And they got precisely that with Thug's one man wrecking crew, aided and abetted by his merry band of grovelling bootlicks.

Premier Doug Ford twice claims NDP leader Andrea Horwath "wasn't here" last night for the debate.

“I took care of a dozen wards myself because existing councillors were ignoring their wards."

Good God, he really is the most monstrous pathological liar imaginable, isn't he? Just the most brazenly dishonest asshole. Even stupider than his pig brother, and Slob at least had the excuse of years of drug and alcohol abuse turning his brain to mush.

Back