News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I only learned about the notwithstanding clause in 3rd year of university, and my degree was in political science.

So.... o_O

(Unless you have a family business to take you in.) Hope you graduated. Unlike this person, from link:

After graduating from high school, (Rob) Ford went to Carleton University in Ottawa to study political science. He made the football squad, but did not play in any games. He left Carleton after one year to return to Toronto and did not complete his degree. After Carleton, he started a sales job at Deco. After Doug Ford Sr.'s death in 2006, the Ford family retained ownership of Deco Labels through the Doug Ford Holdings corporation. Ford, alongside his brothers and their mother was a director of the company.

The major problem with the green energy act was that it appeared to many that the plan to reduce hydro usage was to drastically increase the cost of energy and make it unaffordable to many.

The major problem with the green energy act was that it appeared to many that the plan to reduce hydro usage was to drastically increase the cost of energy and make it unaffordable to many.

Except for that not being true.

Yes there was some very expensive renewable energy, but the amounts of it were very small in relative terms.

Was it a a factor in higher prices, sure, but only a modest one.

There have been massive investments in Pickering Nuclear and in Hydro One distribution lines that had to be covered.

The gas plants issue, primarily because of cancellation, and compensation was also quite expensive, much more so than the renewable file.

That was an off-set cost for getting rid of coal; but it could have been less than 1/2 as costly as it was.

Its just silly to equate years of increases for electricity w/one small portion of that cost increase.

Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world is going for renewable energy.

eurowind.jpg

From link.

But not Doug Ford's Ontario, because he knows better.

Not!

I think the wisest plan for Ontario would have been to team up with Quebec and get all that energy from Hydro Electric Dams.

Would been cheap clean energy forever.

LOL.

If liberal teachers have been "indoctrinating" hundreds of thousands of students for the last fifteen years, how could conservatives ever have a chance to win these elections?

Maybe students today are just sorely lacking in critical thinking skills...

Oh, they are!

Though that could be because the teachers who were supposed to be teaching said skills were too busy politically indoctrinating them. ;)

I think the wisest plan for Ontario would have been to team up with Quebec and get all that energy from Hydro Electric Dams.

Would been cheap clean energy forever.

I can generally support this, though the process of interchanging power between Quebec's grid and our own is a tad more complex than a change with a snap of a finger.

I think the Quebec energy issue will be critical to the shutdown of Pickering and would also be far preferable to an expensive overhaul of Darlington.

In respect of renewables, I think the mistake lay in not tendering the projects (they pre-set the price they were willing to pay, obviating any competitive pricing).

The early years would have been premium regardless, but prices would have dropped much faster under an RFP model, as opposed to the one the government utilized.

Fake News.

What does that even mean?

Like, this isn't some flat-earther trying to tell us about how the latest breakthroughs in geometry and physics prove their stupid theory, you know. That would be "fake news".

Are you of the belief that buck-a-beer (for, what, two brands of beer) has actually made Doug Ford so popular that the numbers must, in fact, be wrongly attributed to each opinion of him?

Fake News.

Stop with the nonsense. A lot of people voted PC not because they liked Doug Ford, but because they didn't want the Liberals in power. I know that if Christine had become leader, she wouldn't be using her position as Premier to enact revenge on her enemies.

In my opinion, we've received too much of our knowledge of civic/political underworkings from US media. I don't know how many people I've talked to in my life who believe we have a "Bill of Rights" here in Canada, or that we have an absolute, undeniable "right to free speech", and the idea that we vote for people (rather than parties) is so incredibly pervasive that it makes me want to bang my head on the wall.

Or that judges in Canada use gavels.

LOL.

If liberal teachers have been "indoctrinating" hundreds of thousands of students for the last fifteen years, how could conservatives ever have a chance to win these elections?

Maybe students today are just sorely lacking in critical thinking skills...
Could you put that in 140 (actually 280 now) characters? I'm short on time as I've got to check Facebook, Instagram and Twitter...

Back