News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

For me the question is one of principle.

Would I be ok with this tactic if someone opposing a centrist or progressive politician used it against them?

What if said politician were a woman? What if there were young children in the home?

This was done during the provincial campaign with someone posting Kathleen Wynne's address and encouraging people to protest at her home. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.

As much as I despised Rob Ford, I didn't like when people went to his home.

So I think two lines were crossed: one by the original poster and the other by Oosterhoff who made a potential mountain out of a probable molehill. From the reports, it seems that the OPP handled it well. Young Sam should probably get himself some social media support.

The Legislative Assembly of Ontario next meets on February 19, 2019

In the meantime, can we see Doug Ford's sick note from his doctor explaining his absence during question periods for Bill 67, Labour Relations Amendment Act (Protecting Ontario's Power Supply), 2018 (December 17-20, 2018)? Link.

Will Doug Ford still be paid for his absence?

For me the question is one of principle.

Would I be ok with this tactic if someone opposing a centrist or progressive politician used it against them?

What if said politician were a woman? What if there were young children in the home?

In most cases, nothing criminal would come of it. Most people would still be well behaved; but if even one person acts out as a result and inspires real fear...............

I would rarely rule a tactic out all together in politics as in war; but the more extreme the tactic, the higher level of justification is required; and one must also be able to show what the tactic is meant to accomplish.

In this case, I don't believe there is any public good in releasing the info; and however obnoxious Sam is, I'm not clear that he did something to the poster that justifies that level of retaliation.

As such this is at best, a poor idea; at worst it mobilizes or harden's some of Sam's support. Not a good idea.
This tactic appears to be gaining support among those who have no morals.
Apparently last month The Star release Ron Taverner's home address.

Spinning the wheels of conservatism. And the Sun released the address of Doug & Rob and Momma Ford and the fact that deadbeat Dad Randy still lived at home.

Remember when a troll was just a mythical creature?

Apparently Sam was so concerned about all of this that he allowed a CBC crew to photograph him in front of the house.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 6.29.14 PM.png

Spinning the wheels of conservatism. And the Sun released the address of Doug & Rob and Momma Ford and the fact that deadbeat Dad Randy still lived at home.

Remember when a troll was just a mythical creature?

Doug uses his mom's home for fundraisers so I don't have a problem with anyone reporting her address since it's already well known because of her kids. The Fords are idiots for using that house for events.

As such this is at best, a poor idea; at worst it mobilizes or hardens some of Sam's support. Not a good idea.

I would tend to agree, particularly with the last point: It's counterproductive to give the bastards ammunition when it comes to their self-imposed martyrdom and endless self-pity. But let's not kid ourselves; this kind of reactionary - a tribe that definitely includes Oosterhoff - will simply make things up to claim that they're being persecuted when there's nothing real to point at. There are people in this world who genuinely believe they have the Boot Heel of Oppression on their necks if you say "Happy Holidays" to them instead of "Merry Christmas," for Chrissakes.

You mean this one?
Ontario’s new top cop, Ron Taverner, purchased a Toronto home privately last year from one of Premier Doug Ford’s closest advisers in both politics and business.

Property records show that Taverner, the incoming Ontario Provincial Police commissioner and a current Toronto police superintendent, bought the three-bedroom, cottage-style home on Church St. in the Toronto neighbourhood of Weston in July 2017 for $550,000.[...]
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ith-future-opp-commissioner-ron-taverner.html

How very inconvenient of the Star! It was all meant to be hush-hush...

The Taverner thing is going to haunt Doug for a while. Completely ill advised on his part.

Back