News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

That's not entirely true; there are lots of things that the province can do to make it easier or harder for women to seek safe abortions (the recently passed bubble zones being a good example of one of the former).

Also see: New Brunswick

The abortion debate is strictly federal and was settled decades ago. I think he just wants to get support from the Sex-Ed lady on the ballot.

It was never really settled though.

It was sort of swept under the rug of a judicial decision.

For example, there is no standard rate of availability or ease of access across the nation.
There is no law in regards to it either.

It's a bit of a mess. Sure, easy to get in Toronto, but go ask a girl in rural Nova Scotia about it, for example.

The abortion debate is strictly federal and was settled decades ago. I think he just wants to get support from the Sex-Ed lady on the ballot.
Settled? Settled by party platforms, but there is no law at all. The Supreme Court Decision even implied that there is a point where protecting the unborn child is in the best interest of the state. And yes, provinces can act on some aspects of this issue, such as allocating funding for abortions, and banning pro-life protests.

Now I do agree that Ford is probably courting Granic-Allen's voters, who will probably rank him 2nd anyway.

That's not entirely true; there are lots of things that the province can do to make it easier or harder for women to seek safe abortions (the recently passed bubble zones being a good example of one of the former).

Some of the Atlantic provinces only have one clinic and people went to Maine to get it done. PEI just got their first clinic recently.

I just think that Doug wants to get the SoCons on his side and will say things, whether or not he means it, as he always has.

Some of the Atlantic provinces only have one clinic and people went to Maine to get it done. PEI just got their first clinic recently.

I just think that Doug wants to get the SoCons on his side and will say things, whether or not he means it, as he always has.
Funny you should say that, because here's DoFo's latest telegram:

The thing is, Christine will say anything – do anything – to get elected.

That includes making deals with every corrupt political insider in the province.

Why?

She's already told us.

"Whatever way I can get votes I'm going to go for it, of course."

Christine Elliott will say anything for votes.

Anyone here have the misfortune of having heard him on 'Ontario Today' this afternoon?

What a guy! Couldn't stfu about how charitable he is! About how he isn't in it for himself! (because not stfu about how charitable you are really makes you seem selfless)

I couldn't get past that.

I don't think we got one yet. The emails have stopped as well since I took myself off the list.

So is he planning to donate his salary like he supposedly did his councillor's salary if he wins?

So is he planning to donate his salary like he supposedly did his councillor's salary if he wins?

I'd be surprised. Unlike councillors, I don't believe that party leaders are allowed to hold separate jobs, and were he to win a riding, he definitely couldn't.

That said, I have a feeling Deco isn't doing the brisk business it once was anyway, and he's got a family of ladies with expensive tastes.

I'd be surprised. Unlike councillors, I don't believe that party leaders are allowed to hold separate jobs, and were he to win a riding, he definitely couldn't.

That said, I have a feeling Deco isn't doing the brisk business it once was anyway, and he's got a family of ladies with expensive tastes.
I’d also be surprised if he actually did donate his salary

No, he said he wouldn't do that because of....dammit, I forgot his reason. I think I tried to forget having heard him yap for half an hour on 'Ontario Today'.

Back