News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

To paraphrase, there's a reason they call it 'question period', not 'answer period'.

It is amazing how the handlers feel that this is better than nothing at all. When they don't talk to the media, we suspect they're hiding something. When they talk to the media like this, we know for certain.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt'"

Doug Ford held a media availability today.

Mike Crawley of the CBC posted a transcript (sort of) on twitter from the Q&A. It could not be any more evident that he is avoiding answering questions.

The answers read as if he knows he is in trouble and trying to avoid causing more.

See here:

That must be brought forward for the preview-challenged and the click averse:

1698774699590.png

Source:

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Depending on where any evidence leads, it could lead to places other than the Premier's circle and without any provable links. Criminal investigations look at the culpability of people, not processes or systems. Now that the investigation has started, there will be radio silence on any information, and these types of investigations typically take a long time, particularly if charges are indicated since the evidence will be run through the Attorney General first.

The party will no doubt read the tea leaves approaching the next election and make any decisions based on polls and projections.

Besides, who would be the heir apparent? They're not likely to go towards an election with a big unknown.

any details? links? or are you just going to leave us hanging?
No Ford connection, two members of Hells Angels are appealing judgement to seize properties in obtained through crime and money laundering.

Doug Ford held a media availability today.

Mike Crawley of the CBC posted a transcript (sort of) on twitter from the Q&A. It could not be any more evident that he is avoiding answering questions.

The answers read as if he knows he is in trouble and trying to avoid causing more.

See here:
It's like he keeps pivoting into some kind of Krusty "Hey Hey!" mode.

While I was out the other day taking pictures of developments for UT, some random on the street asked me if was a Hell's Angel. I was so offended.

Hell's Angels have branded biking booty shorts?

Who knew?

Hell's Angels have branded biking booty shorts?

Who knew?
Pfffft - they would consider that disgustingly "gay".

My terse response to the unsolicited inquiry was a blunt "NO!" accompanied by a raised eyebrow and grimace (and a "you idiot" under my breath).

Last edited:
That just tells me they are savvy investors and launderers. More of a failure of FINTRAC than a reflection on the Ontario government.

Pfffft - they would consider that disgustingly "gay".

My terse response to the unsolicited inquiry was a blunt "NO!" accompanied by a raised eyebrow and grimace (and a "you idiot" under my breath).

Just what did you do to solicit such a question in the first place?

AoD

Just what did you do to solicit such a question in the first place?

AoD
Not sure - maybe it was the biker-style jacket I was wearing? It's obnoxiously bright red though (very glam rock if anything), so certainly not something a Hell's Angel would ever wear...

The Ford government is out with the Fall Economic Statement today:

The headlines tend to note an uptick in forecast deficits this year and next by around ~4B.

Regrettably, this is just repeated by the media w/o closer examination.

The government is bumping up its 'contingency fund' this year by 2.5B, that accounts for more than 1/2 of the increase in the deficit.

On top of that, the gov't extended the gas tax reduction for another ~300M in unbudgeted expenditure.

Revenues are also lower by about 2.5B

Which means the gov't is underspending some of its existing, announced commitments.

We also get a copy of the 'wildly successful' (my snark, LOL) Federal Infrastructure bank; the Ontario version will get a deposit of 3B

Most of the rest is regurgitated promises.

Last edited:

Back