News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Doug Ford is so good at finding efficiencies, he managed to reduce his approval rating.

EDIT:

He tweeted about the Raptors and every response was negative, so it was deleted.

Last edited:
Doug Ford is so good at finding efficiencies, he managed to reduce his approval rating.

EDIT:

He tweeted about the Raptors and every response was negative, so it was deleted.

I thought the sign of strength was in the ability to take your lumps?

That's the problem with the blocking-out-the-negative strategy: once faced with something *this* rampant, at some point or another you have no choice but to seal yourself off from the "people" you claim to be "for". DoFo's effectively boxed himself in.

Careful! You'll get the hard right harder still and all sweaty and aroused talking dirty like that.

If Ford wants to cut, he'd better start with himself. Self mutilation for the nation...

Has he promised to donate his salary back to the Folks yet?

^ At least Marie Antoinette thought The People should have cake (brioche to be exact). Ford just offered hash back in the day, and not even that now. Wait! He offers beer!

This might be the 'broken window' moment for Ford.
The broken windows theory is a criminological theory that states that visible signs of crime, anti-social behavior, and civil disorder create an urban environment that encourages further crime and disorder, including serious crimes.
Broken windows theory - Wikipedia

Whenever he appears in public, or tweets, The People will keep smashing his windows, and piss on them, just as Ford himself does to The People.

The Revolution might be starting...and Ford struck the match. Off with his hood!

I created this chart to show job creation in Ontario. I compared # jobs created in Ontario compared to the Rest of Canada. 30 years ago, Ontario population was 60% of the ROC - so one would expect Ontario creates 60% of the jobs of the ROC. Now, that has gone up to 68%. Very interesting to see when Ontario does well.

Jobs.jpg

I created this chart to show job creation in Ontario. I compared # jobs created in Ontario compared to the Rest of Canada. 30 years ago, Ontario population was 60% of the ROC - so one would expect Ontario creates 60% of the jobs of the ROC. Now, that has gone up to 68%. Very interesting to see when Ontario does well.

View attachment 187570
lol...lagging stats.

But since you insist, then make sense of this:
Look how much foreign investment has fled Canada since the Liberals

From the FinPost. By your and others' reasoning, it then follows that scaring away inward investment is good for the economy.

Meantime, the Globe must have it all wrong:
SHAWN MCCARTHYGLOBAL ENERGY REPORTER
OTTAWA
PUBLISHED JULY 23, 2018UPDATED JULY 24, 2018
72 COMMENTS
Ontario’s move to cancel the contract of a German-owned wind energy project represents a black mark for the province in the eyes of foreign investors, Berlin’s ambassador to Canada, Sabine Sparwasser, warned Monday.
The German government and multinational companies have taken note of Premier Doug Ford’s decision to pull the plug on wpd AG’s White Pines wind project in Prince Edward County, as well as the bill now before the legislature that will allow the province to set limits on what compensation is provided, Ms. Sparwasser said in a telephone interview.
“Obviously, every incoming government has the right to change policy direction,” she said. “But to have a unilateral cancellation pushed through by law that way is unsettling for the company, but is also something that will unsettle other potential investors."
[...]
The ambassador’s warning was echoed by John Manley, president of the Business Council of Canada, which represents chief executive officers of the country’s largest firms.

In a letter to Premier Ford dated Monday, Mr. Manley urged the provincial government to reconsider the cancellation, saying it is sending the wrong signal as the premier declares the province “open for business.” He compared the decision to the move by the New Democratic Party government in British Columbia to throw up barriers to the federally-approved Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project, which would increase oil exports from the West Coast.

“In your dealings with renewable power developers, we urge you to consider carefully the potential lasting negative effects that arbitrary actions can have on investor confidence,” Mr. Manley wrote. “Among Ontario’s strengths are its reputation for fair dealing and respect for the rule of law. Many of the business leaders I represent are concerned that this hard-earned reputation is at risk.”
[...]
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...ed-ontario-wind-project-prompts-warning-from/

Brilliant Doug! Who woulda thunk, eh? Smash things, and it actually makes more work, and therefore the GDP increases by having The People sticking broken bits together all day.

I must say I'm truly impressed with the calculating genius of the morons.

Toronto paramedics are aiming to submit a business case to the Ministry of Health, in hopes the province will reinstate nearly $4 million in funding amid ongoing staffing concerns and rising patient demand.

That's, in part, to handle a rising number of emergency calls.

Demand is currently rising by an average of four per cent each year, McEachen notes in the report. And, in 2018, Toronto paramedics experienced a slightly higher spike of 5.4 per cent over the year before.

"The recent provincial funding change will exacerbate the problem, impacting ambulance availability and our ability to respond to critical patients," he told CBC Toronto in a statement. "In other words, patients will have to wait longer for an ambulance."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...-funding-amid-rising-patient-demand-1.5146933

Beyond the flashy raw numbers in job creation, other parameters to look for in job creation are the creation of high-paying, full-time positions, along with the participation rate. Business and consumer optimism are also other values I find helpful in gauging the on-the-ground percieved sentiment in the province.

Job creation over the last few years (especially under the Liberals) was not too bad, but a lot of it was low-paying work, which ended up meaning that Ontario's number of minimum wage earners ballooned from 6% to 11% from 2003 to 2017. No wonder the Liberals were so keen on raising the minimum wage.

I see a few of his tweets are still up.

The comments are awesome though.

I hope he is ready for 3 more years of being booed at every event he attends. He doesnt seem to have a thick skin

Beyond the flashy raw numbers in job creation, other parameters to look for in job creation are the creation of high-paying, full-time positions, along with the participation rate. Business and consumer optimism are also other values I find helpful in gauging the on-the-ground percieved sentiment in the province.

Job creation over the last few years (especially under the Liberals) was not too bad, but a lot of it was low-paying work, which ended up meaning that Ontario's number of minimum wage earners ballooned from 6% to 11% from 2003 to 2017. No wonder the Liberals were so keen on raising the minimum wage.

All very true.

Though important to note, from my perspective that I think raising the minimum wage was a moral imperative, regardless. I also think it serves 2 other purposes often overlooked, it spurs investment in business productivity and its also very kind to government tax coffers.

Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott is recovering at home after she tripped and fell while grocery shopping on Saturday and received stitches, her press secretary says.

Elliott, who is also deputy premier, was taken to Toronto Western Hospital following the fall, according to Hayley Chazan. Her press secretary did not say where the fall occurred.

The minister suffered a minor head wound, Chazan added.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/christine-elliot-trips-stitches-grocery-store-1.5150554

Yes, which is still up significantly from the 51.3 percent of Ontarians whom bothered to vote in 2014. Was Kathleen Wynne's Liberal majority not illegitimate too in your view then or do these standards only factor in when a right-wing party is victorious?

The apathetic demonstrate by their lack of voting acquiescence with the expected outcome of the election. They weren't motivated enough to vote to block Ford from winning or assumed he'd win anyway so didn't figure they even needed to cast a ballot for the PCs to affect the results. For all we know, another 20-30% of the population could have been backing the PCs. Many still do and without a credible opposition waiting in the wings to dethrone the PCs, they will for certainly win again. Even if it's a minority it'll still just be a couple seats off of a majority based on today's polling samples.

Again (borrowing from what I said in the other thread) outside of Toronto, Ottawa and the 2 Thunder Bay ridings, where are you guys seeing this Liberal comeback?

Can you show me where in my post (the entirety of which is reproduced above) I said anything about the legitimacy of any government? I set out what the vote tallies were in fact to illustrate the fallacy of equating 40% of the turnout with 40% of the electorate.

The question of whether it ought to be considered OK for a party to be able to garner a majority of seats by receiving a plurality of the popular vote (whether the FPTP system should be replaced) is a wholly different one - into which my post did not venture - and logically cannot depend on the identity of the party that has a majority of seats at any given time, the size of the plurality its candidates received. who (not whom) turned out to vote or the various motivations or circumstances of those who did not vote.

While you're at, can you also show me where in my post I broached the subject of whether there is some sort of Liberal comeback going on, or how anything I said has any relevance for that question?

Back