News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

If the PCPO has any sense, they dump him before the next election. This election should be a sign that he's going to cost the PCs the suburbs.

That would be fairly unprecedented - a party dumping a sitting premier prior to an election, and I can't imagine that process will be anything but painless to party unity.

Plus can you imagine DoFo going gently into the good night?

AoD

Last edited:
That would be fairly unprecedented - a party dumping a sitting premier prior to an election,
Indeed. If that was ever likely to occur it would have been with Mother Wynne before the 2018 election. The Libs should have pushed her to retire and have a replacement ready by early 2017, latest.

Doug doesn't GAF for the survival or future of the PCPO. They're just a tool or means to his goal.

That would be fairly unprecedented - a party dumping a sitting premier prior to an election, and I can't imagine that process will be anything but painless to party unity.

Plus can you imagine DoFo going gently into the good night?

AoD
The disorganization of the Ontario Liberals and the electoral showing of the NDP federally would suggest they might actually be able to pull it off and still succeed electorally in the next provincial election.

Clock is ticking though.

The disorganization of the Ontario Liberals and the electoral showing of the NDP federally would suggest they might actually be able to pull it off and still succeed electorally in the next provincial election.

Clock is ticking though.

I am not sure if that will fly - simply because the party mechanisms seem to be locked down by DoFo. I am not sure if anyone would want to put their neck out for something like that instead of letting him fall on his own sword, which will probably help get rid of his party loyalists as well.

AoD

That would be fairly unprecedented - a party dumping a sitting premier prior to an election, and I can't imagine that process will be anything but painless to party unity.Plus can you imagine DoFo going gently into the good night?
AoD
A sitting premier leading a majority too. I'm sure there's a precedent somewhere (Thatcher?), but it's totally rare.

A sitting premier leading a majority too. I'm sure there's a precedent somewhere (Thatcher?), but it's totally rare.

Not quite - she resigned in a leadership challenge over the fallout from the poll tax, and I think the Brits have looser party centralization and discipline compared to us in general.

AoD

Doug unleashed?

#NEW: The Premier’s office informed media at 8:26am that @fordnation would be participating in a fireside chat today, however media are not allowed in- no reporters no questions. PO has stream for us to watch from afar on YouTube.

Doug unleashed?

#NEW: The Premier’s office informed media at 8:26am that @fordnation would be participating in a fireside chat today, however media are not allowed in- no reporters no questions. PO has stream for us to watch from afar on YouTube.

Yes-men and yes-women only are allowed.

Back