News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Good.
Trudeau wound up looking like an idiot in his support for Democrats in advance of the 2016 election.
If, on the odd chance Trump loses, Ford could regret this.

What?

Guess you'll next want Jerry Agar (Newstalk 1010) to get the Order of Canada from a Conservative federal government, since Rush Limbaugh got his Presidential Medal of Freedom from Donald Trump. :eek:

Expect the same revulsion reaction from the majority.

Good.
Trudeau wound up looking like an idiot in his support for Democrats in advance of the 2016 election.
If, on the odd chance Trump loses, Ford could regret this.

I guess in your odd train of thoughts many of us wound up looking like an idiot. But excuse me, there is a difference between electing a democratic government and a corrupt one and by all accounts BOTH Trump and Ford are like a rotting onion, every layer stinks of corruption and cronyism not to mention greed. I suspect many people who voted for these clowns are now suffering voters remorse.

I guess in your odd train of thoughts many of us wound up looking like an idiot. But excuse me, there is a difference between electing a democratic government and a corrupt one and by all accounts BOTH Trump and Ford are like a rotting onion, every layer stinks of corruption and cronyism not to mention greed. I suspect many people who voted for these clowns are now suffering voters remorse.
Trudeau has been found guilty of 13 counts of ethics violations. How many has Ford?

Does Doug realize that people who vote PC/CPC in elections here might not be supportive of Trump and the GOP? A lot of people here who do so would likely be Democrats because of issues like abortion, LGBT rights, gun policy and support of universal health care.

Reactions: DSC
It happens all too rarely, but now and again, the Ford gov't announces something I think isn't 1/2 bad. Today would be such a day.

The gist is empowering specially trained paramedics, responding to a 911 call for a patient already designated palliative, would now be permitted, with the patient's permission, to treat their symptoms in home, wherever possible.

That would include administering drugs for breathing, nausea, pain etc.

Right now they are required to take them to the ER, where they will doubtless spend miserable hours in a hallway.

A sensible decision.

Too bad, these only happen once or twice a year with the intervening period filled with decisions ranging from stupefying to egregious.

It happens all too rarely, but now and again, the Ford gov't announces something I think isn't 1/2 bad. Today would be such a day.

The gist is empowering specially trained paramedics, responding to a 911 call for a patient already designated palliative, would now be permitted, with the patient's permission, to treat their symptoms in home, wherever possible.

Right now they are required to take them to the ER, where they will doubtless spend miserable hours in a hallway.

A sensible decision.

Too bad, these only happen once or twice a year with the intervening period filled with decisions ranging from stupefying to egregious.

There will be challenges doing it here in the GTA given the workload of the paramedics. For smaller/more rural regions without this challenge - sure, not a bad idea at all.

AoD

Last edited:

A sensible decision.

There are already specialty trained paramedics, I called for an ambulance for my husband (on the non 911 line) they came stabilized him and were allowed to administer morphine and transported him to Emerg. He was attended to within 5 minutes and transferred to a bed in Emerg. Admitted within two hours incl. CT scan and transferred to a hospital room. Not all EMT's are allowed to administer narcotics.

There are already specialty trained paramedics, I called for an ambulance for my husband (on the non 911 line) they came stabilized him and were allowed to administer morphine and transported him to Emerg. He was attended to within 5 minutes and transferred to a bed in Emerg. Admitted within two hours incl. CT scan and transferred to a hospital room. Not all EMT's are allowed to administer narcotics.

Level 3 paramedics are those with authorization to dispense morphine among other drugs. Levels 2s have a more limited set of permissions.

Level 3 is common in Toronto.

However, the right not to transport has been extremely limited in the past, by Ontario law. The Liberals had committed to easing that rule. Not sure if they actually did or not.

Sounds like there is a new regulatory permission here to not transport to hospital, in this defined case.

Auto insurance rates in Ontario are increasing by as much as 11 per cent this year, despite promises from the Ford government to reduce premiums.

Radio-Canada has learned that the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario has given the green light to increases in automobile insurance premiums for some 20 insurance companies in the province, with some insurers approved to increases rates by just over 11 per cent and others by around 10 per cent.

The Ford government promised major reform of the auto insurance system back in April of 2019 when its first budget was tabled.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/auto-insurance-ontario-1.5458360

Auto insurance rates in Ontario are increasing by as much as 11 per cent this year, despite promises from the Ford government to reduce premiums.

Radio-Canada has learned that the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario has given the green light to increases in automobile insurance premiums for some 20 insurance companies in the province, with some insurers approved to increases rates by just over 11 per cent and others by around 10 per cent.

The Ford government promised major reform of the auto insurance system back in April of 2019 when its first budget was tabled.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/auto-insurance-ontario-1.5458360
You might want to call it #FakeNews

"Approved rates will increase on average by 1.56 per cent when applied across the total market,"

Back