News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Doug Ford won’t be making any significant changes to LTC. First of all, he’s set on PPP and he’s pals with Chartwell’s Mike Harris, yes that guy.
Meanwhile Mike Harris earns $237,000.00 annually – for a part-time job with Chartwell and nickel and dimed the operating cost for a for profit LTC company. Failed to provide decent care, understaffed and employed underpaid personal care workers, failed to provide adequate personal protection when dealing with Covid-19 patients. The blame is not with the staff, the blame is with the directors and those who profited from treating their residents with disregard while still advertising their facilities as posh and a safe place for your loved ones. Now Ford is asking the Feds to step up and allocate monetary help for these for profit institutions. NO, all for profit LTC homes need to be inspected their books should be audited and see where and how much these trustees and directors are paid. Better yet make them work alongside the staff for about a year or so. Perhaps if you have stocks or interest in such for profit institutions, you should seriously think of selling and investing in a more ethical institution.

Last edited:
Ford government moving ahead with home care privatization bill

From link.

Premier Doug Ford and his PC government are moving ahead with their new home care legislation. According to the Ontario Health Coalition, the legislation will further enable privatization of home care and remove the existing provisions of public control and accountability.

The legislation was being pushed through the Ontario legislature before the government’s attention was diverted by the pandemic.

Now that Ford is determined to “re-open the economy”, the government is moving ahead with its home care agenda. It has allocated three days of public hearings for Bill 175, Home and Community Care Act, from June 15 to 17.

“This legislation has been created in the backrooms without any public consultation,” said Natalie Mehra, executive director of the Ontario Health Coalition. “It is being railroaded through at break-neck speed before the vast majority of the more than 750,000 people impacted even know that it is happening.”

Private interests and profit margins

The Ontario Health Coalition says that the new legislation will dismantle all remaining public governance and control of home care.

Home care is currently coordinated by fourteen Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) across the province, which outsource the delivery of care to agencies – most of which are for-profit and notorious for exploitative practices.

Bill 175 will hand over the coordination to newly-formed Ontario Health Teams, which are loose coalitions of for-profit and not-for-profit agencies set to replace the LHINs. The Health Teams will be overseen by Ontario Health, a “super agency” that functions with no accountability or oversight.

“This is poor policy that benefits private interests seeking to increase their market share or their profit margins but it does not serve the public interest,” Mehra said.

“The Super Agency (Ontario Health) is governed by a Board that is not subject to the Ontario public service legislation regarding conflict of interest and includes an array of pro-privatization business people, bankers and corporate executives, has no regulations for public input, open board meetings, public access to information and even less democratic protections than the LHINs,” reads the Health Coalition’s analysis of Bill 175.

Ontario Health’s Board of Directors includes Shelly Jamieson, who was previously the executive director of the Ontario Long-Term Care Association, the lobby group that mainly represents for-profit nursing homes.

Hmmm........looks like the Ford government has been up to no good...........again.

It appears recent changes to the Employment Standards Act may cause a loss of employee rights.

Doug Ford Furious At Doug Ford For Cutting Funding To Long-Term Care Homes

From link.

After the Canadian military’s report on the state of long-term care homes was released, Doug Ford has stated how disappointed and angry he is over Doug Ford’s health care cuts that led to the homes being in this state.

After Premier Ford cut $300 million in health care funding in 2018, Doug Ford was simply appalled to see the state of Ontario’s healthcare system as a result of Doug Ford’s cuts.

“The person who is responsible to the healthcare cuts that led to these despicable conditions should be ashamed of himself,” said Ford, referring to when Doug Ford reduced the LTC homes budget to 1% of the total healthcare budget.

Ford, who campaigned in 2018 to cut healthcare funding and followed through on that promise after being elected by the people of Ontario, was a sickened by the state of the homes caused by Doug Ford’s actions.

“I can’t believe the conditions that these poor, sick people were living in,” said Doug Ford, who also cut funding to dementia research and care last year.

Ontario residents who hated Doug Ford but now love Doug Ford after he has been handling the current pandemic by just acting in a way that any semi-decent person would, are pleased with the premier’s words.

“I’m glad Doug Ford is going to bring the right people to justice,” said Clarence Woode, who may be on his way to living in a LTC home since he clearly forgot everything Doug Ford did as premier prior to March of this year, “Whoever cut all the funding to these homes is a terrible person and needs to be punished by Mr Ford.”

Doug Ford further announced that Ontario would be taking over five private long term-care homes, a move which stand’s in defiance of Doug Ford’s support of having more privatized health care.

So, I'm generally sympathetic to progressive politics, I think that's obvious enough.

I certainly oppose misogyny and don't wish to see those who commit sexual assaults get anything less than justice.

That said, I'm losing it over the NDPs completely misleading exploitation of an Ontario Court of Appeal decision.

They put out a News Release implying that the Court had just legalized drunkenness as a defense for rape.

In fact, the 2 cases at issue, involve neither sexual assault, nor alcohol.

The level of irresponsibility involved in the NDP's move is breathtaking.

This is one Tweet the NDP put out:

1591377493572.png

The actual Court Decision is here:

I think its perfectly fine to disagree with the unanimous decision of the Court of Appeal.

But one should do so with accurate, fulsome information; and not for political exploitation.

I will copy the first paragraph of the decision so people know what the case is about, for the full decision, follow the link above:

[1] Mr. Thomas Chan and Mr. David Sullivan share similar, tragic experiences. In separate incidents, while in the throes of drug-induced psychoses and without any discernible motive, both men attacked and stabbed loved ones. Mr. Chan, who became intoxicated after consuming “magic mushrooms”, killed his father and grievously injured his father’s partner. Mr. Sullivan, who had become intoxicated after consuming a heavy dose of a prescription drug in a suicide attempt, repeatedly stabbed his elderly mother. Both men allege that they were in a state of automatism at the time of the attacks.

Last edited:
From HRH:

Recall he is the chair of Doug Ford's council:

AoD

So, I'm generally sympathetic to progressive politics, I think that's obvious enough.

I certainly oppose misogyny and don't wish to see those who commit sexual assaults get anything less than justice.

That said, I'm losing it over the NDPs completely misleading exploitation of an Ontario Court of Appeal decision.

They put out a News Release implying that the Court had just legalized drunkenness as a defense for rape.

In fact, the 2 cases at issue, involve neither sexual assault, nor alcohol.

The level of irresponsibility involved in the NDP's move is breathtaking.

This is one Tweet the NDP put out:

View attachment 249726

The actual Court Decision is here:

I think its perfectly fine to disagree with the unanimous decision of the Court of Appeal.

But one should do so with accurate, fulsome information; and not for political exploitation.

I will copy the first paragraph of the decision so people no one the case is about, for the full decision, follow the link above:

[1] Mr. Thomas Chan and Mr. David Sullivan share similar, tragic experiences. In separate incidents, while in the throes of drug-induced psychoses and without any discernible motive, both men attacked and stabbed loved ones. Mr. Chan, who became intoxicated after consuming “magic mushrooms”, killed his father and grievously injured his father’s partner. Mr. Sullivan, who had become intoxicated after consuming a heavy dose of a prescription drug in a suicide attempt, repeatedly stabbed his elderly mother. Both men allege that they were in a state of automatism at the time of the attacks.

Psychosis is real. I'm not even going to list the things people I know have done during the throes of psychotic breaks. I've only ever had one myself. Alcohol-induced. Last Christmas actually! Firs time ever. It's like.....why all of a sudden after all these years? hahaha, if the stimulants didn't do it back in the day, why this? Anyway, I didn't use it as a defense in the subsequent dealing with the very real consequences (an eviction notice....I ripped a camera off the ceiling in one of the lifts, the end. Boring. My landlord and management still love me.).

That being said, suffering from a psychotic break is a very very serious thing. The friends whose psychotic breaks I've experienced had absolutely zero grasp of reality. Zero. None. They were convinced of the most bizzarre things during the psychosis. Nothing could convince them otherwise. A psychotic break changes ones reality in a way that is uncontrollable.

The NDP are just anti-science whingers, by the looks of it. I thought they were all about alternative justice or whatever. So, why incarcerate people suffering from a detachment from reality/reality shift? Which is it? Do they care about people or do they only care about some people?

Michael Ford has tested positive for COVID19. Is he living with Uncle Doug? They seem to have shared a kitchen at one point, so I doubt they are each in their own "bubble"
I wondered about this as well. I hope that when Doug speaks tomorrow someone asks him if he's been near Mikey and if he's also going to self-isolate. Does anyone in the media know about the photos of both of them in the same kitchen?

I wondered about this as well. I hope that when Doug speaks tomorrow someone asks him if he's been near Mikey and if he's also going to self-isolate. Does anyone in the media know about the photos of both of them in the same kitchen?

Mikey lived with his grandmother, Randy lives in the same house and doesn't Mike's mom live in the coach house (garage)? Yes the media knows Doug made that gloppy edible oil cheesecake at his mothers home.

Last edited:
No sick days, doctor's note requirement, low minimum wages, part-time work with no benefits. That is today's "slavery" in Toronto and Ontario.

While not "slavery" like in the countries listed in the link below, Doug Ford has been trying to make life difficult for front-line workers and minimum wage earners during the past two years of his reign.

doug-ford-for-people-on-social-media-.jpg

From link.

15 Countries Where Slavery Is Still Legal

See link.

No sick days, doctor's note requirement, low minimum wages, part-time work with no benefits. That is today's "slavery" in Toronto and Ontario.

While not "slavery" like in the countries listed in the link below, Doug Ford has been trying to make life difficult for front-line workers and minimum wage earners during the past two years of his reign.

doug-ford-for-people-on-social-media-.jpg

From link.

15 Countries Where Slavery Is Still Legal

See link.

Tenants have been told not to pay rent. What more do they want?

Back