News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Unsure how old you guys are...

But as the resident "yutes" here you can blame younger people.

In August scrolling my instagram...people were having parties and large dinners and I felt sad and decided to be looser with the rules as I felt I was missing out.

Now with the 2nd wave I think I see people going back to being more cautious.

Way old (well, in this case anyway).

If your observations are indicative of a wider response, possibly a hopeful sign. We all experienced the first go 'round when we had no reference point, and that should inform our current behavior. I get gatherings of anti-makers and the like; at least they have a point they are trying to make, but large gatherings simply for their own sake, like we have seen at some universities, strike me simply as shallow and immature.

On a related note, I was talking to a friend who had a kid (not living at home) on CERB and gleefully listing the ways to spend the money. He had trouble convincing her that this is taxable income and not manna from heaven. I think many may face a reckoning (in more ways than one) come next spring.

Unsure how old you guys are...

But as the resident "yutes" here you can blame younger people.

In August scrolling my instagram...people were having parties and large dinners and I felt sad and decided to be looser with the rules as I felt I was missing out.

Now with the 2nd wave I think I see people going back to being more cautious.
Yes, I see more masks on the street than I did two weeks ago.

That said, I still think blaming millennials yet again isn't fair. I know GenX and Boomers who also haven't been cautious. My mother in law is a smoker who just survived cancer last year. Along with my father in law, who's a 72-year old two-time cancer survivor, is missing half his lymphatic system, requires a feeding tube (radiation destroyed epiglottal function) and because of aspiration gets pneumonia at the drop of a hat, have been regularly visiting Wal-Mart, Costco and other busy stores throughout the whole thing (despite pleas to get stuff delivered). They've also been to visit my f-i-l's similarly aged siblings and his 93-year old father several times. People of all groups are being dumb about this.

My brother (GenX) and his girlfriend have had visitors over to their house, even after the girlfriend was sent home with a presumptive case of COVID-19 in April (she wasn't officially tested, but told to quarantine. She didn't.)

I believe that most people are good about it. But being an a$$hole or not taking it seriously isn't mutually inclusive of age.

So I am confused you can now get Ohip even if you dont live in ontario for 6 months a year ?

Or is it saying Ohip should cover people outside of Canada to a certain limit ?

OHIP covers out of country expenses to a daily maximum. Ford government cancelled that. It wasn’t a terribly big expense because many people didn’t even know about it and people who travel are often covered by their credit cards or other insurance. It doesn’t impact residency required for OHIP.

OHIP covers out of country expenses to a daily maximum. Ford government cancelled that. It wasn’t a terribly big expense because many people didn’t even know about it and people who travel are often covered by their credit cards or other insurance. It doesn’t impact residency required for OHIP.
Yeah I thought it was going to give ohip free to anyone even if they don't live here anymore

😅

Remarks by Ontario's Chief Justice made at the Annual 'Opening of the Courts' celebration earlier this week.

Unusually political for a Canadian justice, but not partisan, not prescriptive outside of matters directly tied to the courts.

I thought the remarks were a real positive overall.

Definitely worth a read, either way.

What about other venues with large crowds, such as religious gatherings (churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, political caucuses, etc.)?
Why close them though

I know religion is not important to some people but banning people from it for months is not needed.

Many of them follow the rules like my temple.

Shut down the one that dont.

Why close them though

I know religion is not important to some people but banning people from it for months is not needed.

Many of them follow the rules like my temple.

Shut down the one that dont.

Didn't notice that I included "political caucuses" as a "religious gathering"? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

What about other venues with large crowds, such as religious gatherings (churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, political caucuses, etc.)?

These events need looking into too, I know people get comfort from attending places of worship but contrary to popular belief (mostly south of the border) the blood of Jesus or other deity does not make you immune to Covid-19 or any other diseases for that matter. There are many virtual services available and Sunday morning TV seems to have many religious programmas. Political rallies have proven deadly (in the US). -Almost- every meeting can be done virtually. I know I crave being able to go out for dinner and have people around me but I am doing my civil duty and am very cautious wherever I go.

These events need looking into too, I know people get comfort from attending places of worship but contrary to popular belief (mostly south of the border) the blood of Jesus or other deity does not make you immune to Covid-19 or any other diseases for that matter. There are many virtual services available and Sunday morning TV seems to have many religious programmas. Political rallies have proven deadly (in the US). -Almost- every meeting can be done virtually. I know I crave being able to go out for dinner and have people around me but I am doing my civil duty and am very cautious wherever I go.
Even socially progressive teen channel Freeform has the ultra-evangelist Pat Robertson's The 700 Club in the United States. Yet, for contractual reasons, Freeform can't remove The 700 Club, even from attempting to buy out the contract, despite Robertson strongly detesting practically all other programming on the channel.

Back