News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

These events need looking into too, I know people get comfort from attending places of worship but contrary to popular belief (mostly south of the border) the blood of Jesus or other deity does not make you immune to Covid-19 or any other diseases for that matter. There are many virtual services available and Sunday morning TV seems to have many religious programmas. Political rallies have proven deadly (in the US). -Almost- every meeting can be done virtually. I know I crave being able to go out for dinner and have people around me but I am doing my civil duty and am very cautious wherever I go.

But why do you assume every religious service is 100s of people packed together singing "this little light of mine" hysterically

:rolleyes: 😂 😂

But why do you assume every religious service is 100s of people packed together singing "this little light of mine" hysterically

:rolleyes: 😂 😂

Did I actually say that?
Can you quote that statement?

Since you are assuming "things" you should perhaps pay attention to the amount of related and non related people allowed to gather inside, whether it be a restaurant or church or house party. If you are going to argue a point you'd better be smart about it and can actually quote a statement.

Last edited:
What would Rob say?

'I don't think it's the end of the world if people stop drinking at 11 p.m.,' Ontario Premier Doug Ford says of strip club closure, new alcohol serving restrictions.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-o...ohol-rules-for-bars-and-restaurants-1.5119797
I think this is dumb.

Ostensibly, these establishments were practicing and enforcing social distancing and other health measures.

Now after 10pm, people will be taking their social gatherings to their respective homes, where there will be zero enforcement of social distancing and other health protocols.

And the big loser are the bars and restaurants who have lost their business.

I think this is dumb.

Ostensibly, these establishments were practicing and enforcing social distancing and other health measures.

Now after 10pm, people will be taking their social gatherings to their respective homes, where there will be zero enforcement of social distancing and other health protocols.

And the big loser are the bars and restaurants who have lost their business.

Uhh… They're killing their own business well enough by themselves.

Toronto Public Health has ordered three restaurants on King Street West to close to protect the public from COVID-19.

In a news release on Saturday, the public health unit said the restaurants are: MARBL, 455 King St. W.; King Taps, 100 King St. W.; and Casa Mezcal, 291 King St. W.

All three restaurants are within 10 city blocks of each other.
[…]
"Staff have also been found to be working while ill or pressured to work while ill," the news release said.

(I'm pretty sure there'll be many more of these situations to come)

Did I actually say that?
Can you quote that statement?

Since you are assuming "things" you should perhaps pay attention to the amount of related and non related people allowed to gather inside, whether it be a restaurant or church or house party. If you are going to argue a point you'd better be smart about it and can actually quote a statement.
Only 50 people can gather in our prayer hall which is like around 10000 sq foot big.

Must wear masks and must sit 6 feet apart

Religious gatherings are a minefield. While some congregations might be responsible, it is politically difficult for the government to police the ones that are not responsible and shut them down. It is more politically expedient to shut them all down if it comes to that than deal with the accusations of favouritism and discrimination if they selectively shut down certain ones (never mind the logistics of inspecting protocols).

I find it depends on the religion. Evangelicals in the US are major covidiots and ignore all precautions.

Religious gatherings are a minefield. While some congregations might be responsible, it is politically difficult for the government to police the ones that are not responsible and shut them down. It is more politically expedient to shut them all down if it comes to that than deal with the accusations of favouritism and discrimination if they selectively shut down certain ones (never mind the logistics of inspecting protocols).
That is the issue about closing eveyrhing down again

Its unfair to those who follow rules and be honest how long can you expect someone to shut down ?

All fall and winter?

Following the rules or not, if health authorities are identifying sources of infection at houses or worship, restaurants, schools, weddings, then decisions need to be made. Bringing groups of people indoors without masks, breathing the same air, is a recipe for transmission of this virus.

Following the rules or not, if health authorities are identifying sources of infection at houses or worship, restaurants, schools, weddings, then decisions need to be made. Bringing groups of people indoors without masks, breathing the same air, is a recipe for transmission of this virus.

Personally I don't care if one temple is adhering to the rules while another is not. Treat them the same and close them both.

Here's the thing, if you close the one that is not adhering to rules people will just go elsewhere and do the same thing. It's unfortunate but it's in everyone's best interest to close entire industries rather than a portion if people are not behaving properly.

I think it is unfair to treat everything the same and people just want to shut down everything again cause it won't change much to them anyways.

Last edited:
I think it is unfair to treat everything the same and people just want to shut down everything again cause it won't change much to them anyways.

If people want to pack in tight and act in violation of the by-laws closing one location won't stop anything.

Those people will just go somewhere else.

The fact is you need to close entire groupings of businesses to solve anything. Deny them the opportunity to spread their stupid behavior elsewhere.

This is a pandemic not an outbreak of legionaries disease and closures need to be done accordingly.

If people want to pack in tight and act in violation of the by-laws closing one location won't stop anything.

Those people will just go somewhere else.

The fact is you need to close entire groupings of businesses to solve anything. Deny them the opportunity to spread their stupid behavior elsewhere.

This is a pandemic not an outbreak of legionaries disease and closures need to be done accordingly.
But totally destroying the economy to save largely 80 year old from death seems overkill.

There is a cruel equation and balance we need to reach.

I know that is harsh but thats the cruel math being played by everyone And our leaders.

Like right now we have cases but not many deaths so I think things should stay open for now with more targeted restrictions and escalate from there.

Rather then going to a complete lockdown.

Sorry for being harsh but we need a way to stop a mass death situation which is social distancing and masks but a way to keep society functioning post covid 19

Last edited:
But totally destroying the economy to save largely 80 year old from death seems overkill.

There is a cruel equation and balance we need to reach.

I know that is harsh but thats the cruel math being played by everyone And our leaders.

Like right now we have cases but not many deaths so I think things should stay open for now with more targeted restrictions and escalate from there.

Rather then going to a complete lockdown.

Sorry for being harsh but we need a way to stop a mass death situation which is social distancing and masks but a way to keep society functioning post covid 19

THIS is a prime example of Conservative thinking and lack of compassion. We are not just talking about one 80 yr old person, people of -all- ages can and will die from Covid. Families are at risk, not just the elderly. I am not an 80 yr old but I am at risk due to medical reasons and having lost my son and husband within 3 months of each other (2019-2020) I am not recommending families need to experience this or any amount of grief. If it takes measures to stop this pandemic, so be it. Start with wearing masks and resisting the advice of those who are in charge of public health. Start with taking a flu shot and wear a mask and avoid large gatherings, you will find the numbers will decline without too much hardship.

THIS is a prime example of Conservative thinking and lack of compassion. We are not just talking about one 80 yr old person, people of -all- ages can and will die from Covid. Families are at risk, not just the elderly. I am not an 80 yr old but I am at risk due to medical reasons and having lost my son and husband within 3 months of each other (2019-2020) I am not recommending families need to experience this or any amount of grief. If it takes measures to stop this pandemic, so be it. Start with wearing masks and resisting the advice of those who are in charge of public health. Start with taking a flu shot and wear a mask and avoid large gatherings, you will find the numbers will decline without too much hardship.
I never said no restrictions

I said no complete lockdown.

I think we can have targeted restrictions and keep deaths at a minimum.

Like we can tell the big issue is downtown crowd at restaurants and bars but no need to shut down all of them across ontario.

Like i am thinking its time to shut down bars in toronto.

If i had no compassion i would oh well who cares.

But blanket shutdowns do a lot of harm as well.

Last edited:

Back