News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It would not surprise me if in a leadership contest Doug Ford asked Kyla, Kayla, Krista or Michael to run for the leadership.

One thing about the Fords is their brand. They think of themselves like the Kennedys where there always has to be a Ford on the ballot.
Kinga would be likeliest because she's a 2nd termer, she represents Doug's home riding, and she's long rumoured to be his extra-marital paramour. So in case he's up to some "Lurleen Wallace" thinking...

Doug will survive this. I expect him to. There is no competition.
He will probably survive as Premier until the next election because, as you say, there are no real alternatives - Monty Macnaughton might have been new fresh face but he deserted the ship. Whether Doug survives the next election is FAR less certain as there are alternatives and Stiles is looking pretty good and the Libs have some good candidates.

Last edited:
Her will probably survive as Premier until the next election because, as you say, there are no real alternatives - Monty Macnaughton might have been new fresh face but he deserted the ship. Whether Doug survives the next election is FAR less certain as there are alternatives and Stiles is looking pretty good and the Libs have some good candidates.

I honestly do not see the PC's winning the next election. If the Greenbelt, Wedding invites, etc had not come up they may have stood a fighting chance however now it is a crapshoot.

The PC Caucus likely knows the writing is on the wall. If Bonnie Crombie gets in alongside Marit Stiles they are toast.

He will probably survive as Premier until the next election because, as you say, there are no real alternatives - Monty Macnaughton might have been new fresh face but he deserted the ship. Whether Doug survives the next election is FAR less certain as there are alternatives and Stiles is looking pretty good and the Libs have some good candidates.
It is always possible that Monte bowed out to remain untainted for a future leadership race.

Neither Stiles nor Bonnie Lobby Queen have the votes.

I honestly don't think Doug cares if he's elected again,since he's getting a good pension.

Considering his family's wealth, I don't think a government pension is what he is after. You think the Greenbelt games are played for the sake of that?

Power/influence and riches as a result of the two? You betcha.

AoD

It would not surprise me if in a leadership contest Doug Ford asked Kyla, Kayla, Krista or Michael to run for the leadership.

One thing about the Fords is their brand. They think of themselves like the Kennedys where there always has to be a Ford on the ballot.
I can assure you, that none of his daughters even know how any level of government functions in this country. I can also assure you that they dont even know what the government is responsible for.

Ontario MPPs do not have pensions. Granddaddy Harris got rid of them. All of them only have defined contribution plans, which I believe are 2-3% max.
Very interesting, my father always said they get a good pension for two terms in office, what about federal pensions? 🤔

Back