News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

You might be surprised how much important business, particularly things like direction and relationships, both public and private, can and do happen 'offline'.

From https://twitter.com/georgebell/status/1729342772610535822/photo/1
1701181745697.png

Ontario Green Leader Mike Schreiner finally has company at Queen's Park.

The Green candidate won the riding of Kitchener Centre in a by-election last night, taking the seat from the NDP whose incumbent was stepping away from politics.

If the NDP can take some solace, at least they finished second, but it was not a close race. See below and read as Greens 48%, NDP 27%, PCs 13%, Libs 8%

1701421066555.png

Voter turnout was 27%

Last edited:
Ontario Green Leader Mike Schreiner finally has company at Queen's Park.

The Green candidate won the riding of Kitchener Centre in a by-election last night, taking the seat from the NDP who incumbent was stepping away from politics.

If the NDP can take some solace, at least they finished second, but it was not a close race. See below and read as Greens 48%, NDP 27%, PCs 13%, Libs 8%

View attachment 524144

Voter turnout was 27%

As much as I support the NDP, this switch to the Green Party has alot to do with their shift in ideology.

The NDP used to be the earthy, hippie activist party but now they are liberal lite.

As much as I support the NDP, this switch to the Green Party has alot to do with their shift in ideology.

The NDP used to be the earthy, hippie activist party but now they are liberal lite.
Actually, I thought it was the reverse--voters opting for a "safe progressive" choice over a party demoralized by the Sarah Jama schism. And note how *Lib* support was reduced to 4th place single digits.

Whether one likes it or not, a good many of the Greens' successes and near-successes have hinged upon their being a Liberal (or classic "Red Tory") proxy--in Guelph, in Kitchener Centre both federally and provincially, in Parry Sound-Muskoka in '22 (where the absence of a Lib candidate put wind in their sails), and heck, municipally w/Diane Saxe in University-Rosedale (it was the "Rosedale progressives" that put her over the top)

Back