News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Well, of course it isn't gonna blend with sky if it's cloudy!! Of course I've actually never seen it blend with anything, but I'm still hoping somehting will work out =P

i;m glad the thing doesn't blend with the sky. we have way too many grey days in this city already. i think the building is dynamic and bold and distinct. i really don't think the building clashes with the surrounding neighbourhood. if anything, those ugly condos and townhomes on mccaul do.

and nobody complains about ocad clashing. or the gaudy chinese signs that line the neighbourhood. these things are charming and represent the mishmash this neighbourhood has become. anyway, back to RBC!

Watching the sign installation from Dragon Centre (Chinatown)

3238372266_57807e5841_b.jpg

3238372742_e3138a661b_b.jpg

3237532053_ed5085f9ed_b.jpg

The final product (view from John/Richmond Chapters)

3237537611_a645831b0b_b.jpg

Great photos wyliepoon.

Here are a few from King taken January 30. The podium stairs are almost glassed in.
3242820300_dc9210f520_b.jpg

3242820308_c46f1e0a18_b.jpg

cool angle on that last image with RTH in the foreground! I am really liking how sharp that podium section of RBC is looking, but my concern about these couple of blocks remains that there is just too much (similar looking) glass concentrated here. There is not enough contrast in materials between RBC, Simcoe Place, Ritz, RTH and the Metro Hall buildings. Its especially so on gray overcast days...

I agree Redroom. The buildings individually are great but this seems to me to be a classic example of architects failing to take their context into account. RTH is a landmark with its glass roof and RBC behaves somewhat obnoxiously beside it. It's like deliberately wearing the same dress to a party that you know the hostess will be wearing!

I'm not so sure I would agree.

The glass it self, coupled with what's to come at the RITZ site created a somewhat unique look for Toronto, seeing how we don't have that many glass towers concentrated together.

Moreover, what solution would you propose?
Building something with a closer form to the bank of America building so it would fit in?

I'm not so sure I would agree.

The glass it self, coupled with what's to come at the RITZ site created a somewhat unique look for Toronto, seeing how we don't have that many glass towers concentrated together.

I'm looking forward to the massive reflective effect this will produce.

Back