8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Aug 22

Ritz-RBC_connection_August_22.JPG

RBC_2_August_22.JPG

I noticed that this building has already passed the 4th/5th levels- it could even be taller than this- I did see it from my office up on Spadina and estimated its approx. height. None-the-less, this sucker is rising and I believe the cranes are going to have to be raised soon.

p5

i was able to see it from the train today and it looked around 6-8 floors high.

This one is moving faster than Bay Adelaide, I believe it has something to do with the hi-tech forms they (PCL) imported from Germany to be used on this project.

These forms don't need to be dismantled and reassembled like the ones on B-A.

Once they hit the third or fourth floor they hit standard layouts for the floors. At that point they can move really fast. Same thing will happen at Bay Adelaide.

Once they hit the third or fourth floor they hit standard layouts for the floors. At that point they can move really fast. Same thing will happen at Bay Adelaide.

It is true that once they start on the tower portion, that things go fast. But isn't the lobby for this one much bigger than usual?

According to PCL website the Podium is an altogether different phase of the project. They used the term "Phase 2" to describe the excavation and construction of the Podium. So using best judgment it would appear the tower's rise will have nothing to do with the ground floor.

Are they still marketing the building with the intention of going higher than the announced number of floors?

I remember them saying they could add on floors later if needed...
Does that mean after it's built or before?

They mean in the future, as in years after it is topped out and completed.

They mean in the future, as in years after it is topped out and completed.

Yes, but I was wondering if they are actually offering these floors now considering the good condition of the office market. It would strike me as easier and cheaper to build them now.

Back