News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

An era of huge parking lots, but fewer cars. Today, fewer parking lots but more cars.

I actually remember those rail yards; as a kid, they seemed almost endless in size.

Thanks CN. There really is something achingly cool about the size of those railyards. Part of me wishes we still had them.

What I like best about the 1977 parking lot photo is the colour of the cars. Look at those bright colours!

I'm a TDWaterhouse man myself but...

...walking along Wellington West today who could resist a few shots at the competition?
DSC03490.jpg
DSC03523.jpg

DSC03503.jpg

Balanced and fair? That's me, Urbandreamer.:)

thanks UD - I am so lazy about putting pics on here! when I was in town Sat. I noticed that RBC was starting to make a nice impact from Front and York. Once it gets to full height its going to close that intersection in nicely. I got a couple pics from there while it was raining... let me see if they are salvageable and I'll try to get them up.

You're too hard on yourself by saying that you are lazy.

That being said, posting more photos could be good for the self-esteem. ;)

Thanks, and please post more!

Yes, a few decades ago the whole area was a sea of parking lots. Does anybody have an old photo of the area taken from the CN Tower that they could post here? I'm thinking late 1970s or early 1980s. The contrast with its current state is immense.

Anyone remember this picture? I don't remember who made the gif file but it really shows how much has changed since 1990.

Toronto1990-2001.gif

And now we can add RBC, the Ritz, the Festival Tower, and soon the condo at Front and John.

Really appreciate all the constant photo updates UB. You must walk around a lot!

Anyone remember this picture? I don't remember who made the gif file but it really shows how much has changed since 1990.

Toronto1990-2001.gif

And now we can add RBC, the Ritz, the Festival Tower, and soon the condo at Front and John.

wow.... shocking progress...

Back