News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Why would it? It'd only involve applying Mayor's Tower Renewal logic to something more recent...

Is that a reference to the recent fire, or am I missing something?

I'd rather they not burn those particular towers down, as I happen to live in them. I just happen to think the exteriors are butt ugly. :)

All Ryerson University buildings downtown.

Well, they've already done 4 in the past 5 years, so I'd say they're not doing too badly, haha. The Library Building is in the most desperate need of an overhaul, inside and out. The 70s concrete look makes it pretty depressing to walk around (both inside and out).

One that no one has mentioned that I think needs one: the apartment building across the street from MLG (the one that has Mick E Fynns in it). With the reno of MLG underway, I think having a recladding of that condo could really brighten up that block. Maybe something that compliments the two new towers that went in just east of there.

One that no one has mentioned that I think needs one: the apartment building across the street from MLG (the one that has Mick E Fynns in it). With the reno of MLG underway, I think having a recladding of that condo could really brighten up that block. Maybe something that compliments the two new towers that went in just east of there.

I can't see that much that can be done there, it's mostly windows on the south & north sides, concrete on the east & west ends. I suppose the entrance could be freshened up a bit, it's dated. I don't particularly like it either, but don't hate it, it's just there. Great apartments inside there and good retail along the street.

OCAD's tabletop.

It's a canvas, with a pixillated design, but artists sometimes paint over their earlier works ... and OCAD can be "painted" over.

Is that a reference to the recent fire, or am I missing something?

I'd rather they not burn those particular towers down, as I happen to live in them. I just happen to think the exteriors are butt ugly. :)

My reference to "something more recent" means something newer (and more condo/co-oppish) than the high-rise commie-block rentals which were the central target of the Mayor's Tower Renewal programme. Nothing to do with fires at all...

theres talk of the delta chelsea being reclad and removeing the balconys, well this is the only reason wht we stay there when we visit toronto.is it has balconys we hate staying in a building were you cant get any fresh air,yes the delta needs some freshening up but please keep the balconys, we love to veiw the city from a balcony.you cant feel the life of the city through bullet proof and soundproof glass

CN tower

390? bay - the concrete boxes south of city hall

harbour front centre

delta chelsea

sheraton centre

infinity 1,2,3&4

Actually, I don't see what's so bad about the 1 Yonge tower--it's straightforward early 70s concrete-office-tower rationalism a la SOM. Yeah, the base might be more of a problem, as is the printing plant...

I thought it would be pretty cool if the main tower of Commerce Court was refurbished to be polished stainless steel - the thing would be the worlds biggest mirror.

Back