News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Looking like it’s gunna be a great day for it tomo

That's amazing!

Really disappointed our application didn't make the cut.

Should be some good TV exposure and airtime.

:cool:

IMG_6397.jpeg

Atmosphere was decent, think a lot of hurtin folks from partying last night. Tbh the track was kinda lame compared to a lot of other iterations I’ve seen, section they used was pretty low grade %. Wish they could have done Groat instead!

Turnout was very, very strong. Event lacked in a lot of ways sadly. Felt maybe unprepared? Almost nowhere to buy drinks (red bull was impossible to find…), 45min+ lineups for around 8 food trucks. Small screens and not a lot of viewing areas beyond the immediate track (which filled very quickly).

Then the track/races were about as fun as watching the bike lane on 102ave for 2hrs haha. Many karts didn’t even get enough speed to make it over the tiny ramps. There were no corners/berms. Basically a 30km/hr straight shot with 3 speed bumps. 2-3 crashes maybe? Mostly from randomly turning into the walls. Felt a bit disappointed by the “product” for sure.

But the turnout was amazing, and vibes all afternoon around the entire area were awesome. So definitely a win! Just seemed like they expected 2k people and got 8k or something. We left early to find food downtown cause races were boring and everyone was starving/super thirsty.

They had a bike valet. But there were maybe spots for 100-150 bikes. Easily 500+ here and so many locked to random poles, the walterdale, etc. again, a weird underestimation when there’s almost no car parking and they really pushed biking or transit to get here.
93BB2ACC-1F31-46AF-AD70-41FF8AF1CCD2.jpeg

I recall hearing they were expecting '30,000' for this.

Shame about it underdelivering though.

I recall hearing they were expecting '30,000' for this.

Shame about it underdelivering though.
Yeah, my numbers might be way off. But less than a dozen food trucks and not having a ton of drink stands and the bike parking and lack of screens all felt like poor planning.

Many people left by 5pm when cart 38/50 some were done. Hot weather likely added to that (and lack of shade/drinks to help manage heat).

Back