News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It’s sad to hear of so many unique (i.e. not chain) restaurants closing due to covid. It reminded me of an ice cream place that had the best huge waffle cone filled, and I mean heaped as well, with very rich chocolate ice cream laced with massive chunks of orange flavoured chocolate chunks. It was W.D. Kones at the east end of the Atrium on Bay. It was there for a few years in the 1980’s. Anyone else remember it?

...W.D. Kones at the east end of the Atrium on Bay. It was there for a few years in the 1980’s. Anyone else remember it?

Yes, I do. They briefly had another location at the Madison Centre near Yonge and Sheppard, back when Mel Lastman tried to duplicate the PATH as part of his dream of having a second downtown in North York.

I've been hearing rumours that block is being assembled, as I don't see that blinds store next door lasting much longer.

The Hacienda/La Libre restaurants that are closing are at Dupont & Avenue Road though, and I'm not quite seeing the blinds store being mentioned or how the neighbouring houses can be assembled.

Were you thinking about the Blinds to Go store on Davenport, east of Bedford? There's a building beside it that used to have the Mistura restaurant and/or something else before they closed.

It’s been closed for a while. Plenty of other patios in Liberty Village though.

I took a visitor from Estonia there for lunch once. I also went there myself after watching Rhythmic Gymnastics at the Pan-AM games. It's a loss but I am sure something else will pop up.

I used to go to Hunters Landing all the time when I worked in City Place. I liked how they are the upscale pub of the group compared to the Brazen Heads and Firkins of the world.

Looks like a Blondies Pizza is opening at the car garage at the bottom of the Wallace Bridge on the Dundas side. Great addition!
0819EAD4-35EF-442B-9D79-F51FA6BFCFFD.jpeg

Back