News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Patois will be opening a new restaurant concept, right next door to their current spot for the unit at 796 Dundas Street West (couple blocks west of Bathurst):

Sunny's Chinese will be opening in Spring 2022 at 60 Kensington Ave, the former location of Cold Tea in Kensington Market.

The group's sister restaurant, MIMI, is set to open this autumn at 265 Davenport Road, between Bedford and Avenue Road.

Ossington Canteen, a mini food hall featuring different vendors, is expected to open in about a month (November 2021) at 217 Ossington Ave just south of Dundas W.

Kingyo Izakaya at the side of the former Winchester Hotel in Cabbagetown will be closing on November 1, 2021 for a few months as the management team are planning to open "a new business with completely new business model".

Time flies, I used to go there all the time back around 2015 or so with people from my previous company. Admittedly, there's lots of izakayas with better food in the city. But I liked the fun interiors and staff they had.

Last edited:
Kingyo Izakaya at the side of the former Winchester Hotel in Cabbagetown will be closing on November 1, 2021 for a few months as the management team are planning to open "a new business with completely new business model".

Time flies, I used to go there all the time back around 2015 or so with people from my previous company. Admittedly, there's lots of izakayas with better food in the city. But I liked the fun interiors and staff they had.

That's a shame. I liked the atmosphere there. It was the first place where I saw Doraemon as it was playing on their screens. (My partner grew up in East Asia and loved watching that TV anime series, sometimes we find amateur English subtitled versions on Youtube and watch it at home to satisfy her nostalgia.)

That's a shame. I liked the atmosphere there. It was the first place where I saw Doraemon as it was playing on their screens. (My partner grew up in East Asia and loved watching that TV anime series, sometimes we find amateur English subtitled versions on Youtube and watch it at home to satisfy her nostalgia.)

It was definitely a unique space inside. I'll miss the quirky and eclectic signage and screens around the dining area. Along with the mini pachinko type machines in the basement as you approach the washrooms. Back around 2015, they'd also often had $10 Sapporo pitchers so this was the spot to be at for us to enjoy some drinks and the cool vibe. Although, their food offerings was where they did lag behind and felt that they were already showing signs of decline a while ago.

Some renderings of the Queenston station bar restaurant concept which is expected to open within the Union Station Bay Street Promenade next year:

queenston1.jpg
queenston2.jpg
queenston3.jpg
queenston4.jpg
queenston5.jpg

After closing for a while, Track and Field bar are making a comeback and reopening a new location at 582 College Street in the Little Italy area. They used to be located further west on College past Ossington.

The owner of Oddseoul (on Ossington) is opening a new restaurant called Neon Tiger at 14 Dupont Street, just west of Avenue Road. It replaces the former Playa Cabana Hacienda and is set to open on October 28th, 2021:

In Bloor West Village (across from No Frills) a new location of Beach Hill Smokehouse is opening soon.
Also opening soon next door is Cinnaholic (previously Brioche Dorée).

IMG-9381.jpg

Back