News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

For someone who is trying to save his business, McEwan is being oddly reckless... Poilievre is so detestable that this is more than enough for me to never set foot in a McEwan establishment ever again (and I have been going to his restaurants since North 44 opened).

I concur.

I could be fine w/him generally having a small-c conservative or pro-business bent; though I'm not sure how wise it is for any business to strongly tie themselves to any political party or person.

But if you were going to go the route of actually aligning with a party/person, surely it wouldn't be a figure so outlandish and divisive.

I suspect his business will survive his politics, but he certainly isn't doing it any favours; and for a business that has had some tough years economically, I don't know why you would want to frivolously risk even 1% of sales.

Maybe I'm out of the loop and sorry for the off topic, but I'm not understanding how Pierre Roly Poly is divisive. Just because CBC says something...

On economics and inflation, he's bang on. Some may not like his positions around covid and the truckers, but our other Western peer countries are eliminating/adapting their covid policies in line with what Pierre's suggesting. If anything, the current government is fast becoming an outsider in this area.

I think he's channeling the frustration many left and right of centre moderates have been feeling. Personally I think he's a breath of fresh air and a necessary critical voice of the current government.

Maybe I'm out of the loop and sorry for the off topic, but I'm not understanding how Pierre Roly Poly is divisive. Just because CBC says something...

On economics and inflation, he's bang on. Some may not like his positions around covid and the truckers, but our other Western peer countries are eliminating/adapting their covid policies in line with what Pierre's suggesting. If anything, the current government is fast becoming an outsider in this area.

I think he's channeling the frustration many left and right of centre moderates have been feeling. Personally I think he's a breath of fresh air and a necessary critical voice of the current government.

Not just CBC.........how did you miss the man known for being a smarmy, dissembling, hyper-partisan, controversy seeking.........?

Lets go back to 2008...

1646001953707.png

From: https://www.ctvnews.ca/tory-mp-says-sorry-to-natives-for-hurtful-remarks-1.301998

This is classic Pollievre:

"Building Canada Through Freedom" to the book @Stake—"As Prime Minister, I Would...", a collection of essays from Magna International's "As Prime Minister" awards program. In his essay he argued, among other things, for a two-term limit for all members of Parliament. He did not win the competition

AHEM....said the MP who has been in office since 2004 (17 years)

From here: https://canadiandimension.com/articles/view/why-the-left-shouldnt-underestimate-pierre-poilievre

1646002553044.png

This is from a Heather Mallick column in The Star:

"That means the viperous Pierre Poilievre, a frankly creepy Ottawa MP who radiates cruelty and small-mindedness. He has built a small but select populist fan base on Twitter, although voters in his Ottawa riding can’t be terribly happy with him now. He backed the city invaders, imagine that."

From The Tyee:

1646002955870.png

He also backed the Trucker convoy/blockade in Ottawa suggesting it was wrong to clear it............yet: (also from the above)

1646003083190.png

Then there's this:

1646003651014.png

The agreement in question can be found here: https://www.cef-cce.ca/content.asp?section=agr&dir=ca&document=jul0417&lang=e

I think that lays out the basis of someone who would not appeal to everyone.

Worth adding, preliminary polling data suggests he would not draw one additional voter to the Conservatives.

Not just CBC.........how did you miss the man known for being a smarmy, dissembling, hyper-partisan, controversy seeking.........?

Lets go back to 2008...

View attachment 382305

From: https://www.ctvnews.ca/tory-mp-says-sorry-to-natives-for-hurtful-remarks-1.301998

This is classic Pollievre:

"Building Canada Through Freedom" to the book @Stake—"As Prime Minister, I Would...", a collection of essays from Magna International's "As Prime Minister" awards program. In his essay he argued, among other things, for a two-term limit for all members of Parliament. He did not win the competition

AHEM....said the MP who has been in office since 2004 (17 years)

From here: https://canadiandimension.com/articles/view/why-the-left-shouldnt-underestimate-pierre-poilievre

View attachment 382306

This is from a Heather Mallick column in The Star:

"That means the viperous Pierre Poilievre, a frankly creepy Ottawa MP who radiates cruelty and small-mindedness. He has built a small but select populist fan base on Twitter, although voters in his Ottawa riding can’t be terribly happy with him now. He backed the city invaders, imagine that."

From The Tyee:

View attachment 382307
He also backed the Trucker convoy/blockade in Ottawa suggesting it was wrong to clear it............yet: (also from the above)

View attachment 382308

Then there's this:

View attachment 382309

The agreement in question can be found here: https://www.cef-cce.ca/content.asp?section=agr&dir=ca&document=jul0417&lang=e

I think that lays out the basis of someone who would not appeal to everyone.

Worth adding, preliminary polling data suggests he would not draw one additional voter to the Conservatives.

Nice summary - the man is yet another detestable sociopath in the conservative ranks.

Aroma Food Hall at Yonge & Isabella (former location of House of Lords hair salon) has permanently closed:

There was a food hall there?

That explains their problem. I'm a UT'er, a foodie and I spend time walking all over downtown, and I hadn't noticed.

There was a food hall there?

That explains their problem. I'm a UT'er, a foodie and I spend time walking all over downtown, and I hadn't noticed.

They appear to have received good reviews online; such as a 4.9 average on Google, and a 5 on Yelp. Albeit not a high volume of ratings on the latter.

So recognition and public awareness for the place does seem to be low for the most part.

It also seems like a place that would generally appeal post secondary students. With less students around due to remote learning policies, then their market base does take a hit. Same with less tourists and downtown visitors around.

Back