News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The Fairmont Royal York Hotel's Library Bar has reopened with a new look, after being closed for about 2 years:

libbar.jpg

The Fairmont Royal York Hotel's Library Bar has reopened with a new look, after being closed for about 2 years:

View attachment 361799

So genteel!

I want to sit there for hours on end with a top hat, monocle, pocket watch, curly moustache and a pipe while discussing building railways through Africa!

So genteel!

I want to sit there for hours on end with a top hat, monocle, pocket watch, curly moustache and a pipe while discussing building railways through Africa!
If memory serves, the clientèle is not always as sophisticated as the environment would suggest. Once I was expecting a pleasant late night and I ended up next to a rowdy group of fellow Québécois who irritated me to the point where my stem glass suddenly became stemless.

The "Foodie Aisle" food hall at Union Station is now open. Current offerings include: Mean Bao, Butter Chicken Roti, Mikey’s Smashburgers, Grand Tacos Taqueria, and Union Chicken.

Mars Food Diner at College & Bathurst has closed after around 70 years in business:

I am starting to wonder if the Senator is next.

They were targeting a fall 2021 reopening but when I walked past it yesterday it was still very much closed. It has been closed for so long and does not look like there are plans to reopen it anytime soon.

The Depanneur at College & Rusholme Park Crescent will be closing on December 17th, 2021 after 11 years at the location. As the owner plans to take time off from operating the space to explore options for the future.

The Star reports that restaurants/bars will get a 10% discount on alcohol. When I learned they were actually paying retail prices, I could hardly believe it.

Edit: In their press release, they claim the discount is essentially a total of 20% with HST recovery etc., but there won't be any discount on kegs of beer and cider.

Last edited:
A minor note on some Quick Serve............... 2 new Chipotle locations are opening downtown.

One at 121 Bloor East; the other on Yonge, just north of King, west side.

Back