News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Located inside the Hilton at

145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2

F Mondays Coffee & Books on at 368 King St E is closing in a couple days. They were a great addition to the community, with a nice selection of lunch/pastries/drinks for the Corktown neighbourhood.

"Hello Corktown and patrons of the cafe,

I can’t think of a crafty way to say this so: we will be closing down operations August 31. We began running this little show December 1, so it was a 9 month run, like a standard pregnancy! What was born? A series of little conversations that blossomed into memories, friendships, caffeinated people - and the intellectual storms that the magic bean incites. My favourite part of this was seeing people engaged in hand writing, arts, discussion, and sometimes just staring at things (little did they know I was watching 👀 lol). I will miss this experience: but like every single thing we experience in life, it is impermanent and things that dissapear make room for whats to come. Much Love to the people from Wakana and myself (the person writing this is Sean).

There are a few people interested in continuing operations here so the 368 King will hopefully continue as a 3rd space for all sorts of humans to flock to and a quiet escape from whatever it is we sometimes need space away from.
- Sean, Love and Smiles

P.s. I am still doing the September Book Club (Quiet), however, we will meet in Corktown Commons out on the grass if the weather's nice or we can go to Old Town Bodega or the like, 📚🤓 I'll announce the meet up date for those interested."

Only 9 months isn't enough to be established in the community - that's a blink and you'll miss it existence.

Chick is cute though.

Only 9 months isn't enough to be established in the community - that's a blink and you'll miss it existence.

Chick is cute though.

Blink and you miss it describes their store. I walked past it a couple times and it did not look all too inviting.

You could walk right past it and not really know it was there.

I was in cottage country last week and had their Sugar Shack Maple flavour, which I hadn't seen before. So much better than boring old Maple Walnut!

L'Avenue (Montreal restaurant known for breakfast/brunch) opens tomorrow September 4th at The Well (433 Wellington St W).

Sun - Thur 8am - 10pm
Fri - Sat 8am - 11pm

Last edited:

Back