News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Random fast food news, Harvey's is opening up where the Lick's use to be on Eglinton East (near Yonge). Not sure of the exact date, just saw the announcement banner this afternoon.

Wow, two new central locations? Could Harvey's be on a franchise push to keep from losing market share to other newer chains (South Street, Hero, etc.)?

Thank you! I can't get over how nice people are on here.

Riverman, please beware!! Alot of the UT forumers are less than welcoming (just read the forums, you'll see who's who!).

But welcome to Toronto!!! It comes with the territory. It really is a great city (and even alot of the forumers are great - truly!), you just have to slough through those that are shit and those that aren't...

Salad King is open! A friend was there today. He said the place is much larger and clean looking than the last. (Not that they had a problem looking clean at the old location)

Riverman, please beware!! Alot of the UT forumers are less than welcoming (just read the forums, you'll see who's who!).

But welcome to Toronto!!! It comes with the territory. It really is a great city (and even alot of the forumers are great - truly!), you just have to slough through those that are shit and those that aren't...

*the sound of a thousand simultaneous mouse clicks as everyone searches NIL OMNI's post history to find out what happened to him when he joined the forum*

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but URBAN restaurant at King & John is gone. The space is for lease.

Canteen across the street is full of people every night. Hmmm...

And not sure if *this* has been mentioned/observed yet, but the Victoria Restaurant at Queen + Victoria--one of the last ungentrified old-school spoons in the core--seems to have bit the dust...

*the sound of a thousand simultaneous mouse clicks as everyone searches NIL OMNI's post history to find out what happened to him when he joined the forum*

Who said anything about it being what happened to me? Mostly what I observed was the treatment of other newcomers.

Anyway, back on topic:

If you like Ivory Thailand on Church @ Adelaide, you better get your last fix pronto - "rumor" has it that they've hired a French chef and that it will very soon become a French restaurant. They've already reupholstered all the red chairs to a cream colour and the new chef is reportedly drafting the menu as we speak.... Sad for the Thai-inclined regulars. Apparently one of the IT chefs is moving on to Thai Basil on Spadina. We'll have to wait and see what the new place will be like. I've heard of an opening sometime around the Ides of March... how auspicious.

And not sure if *this* has been mentioned/observed yet, but the Victoria Restaurant at Queen + Victoria--one of the last ungentrified old-school spoons in the core--seems to have bit the dust...

I noticed the plastic covering the windows, lights on inside, seems the floors are being taken up. Do you know whether this diner is closing or is this just a makeover?

Back