News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Did that building used to be bigger at one point? It just sort of stops, and isn't "finished" looking.

Did that building used to be bigger at one point? It just sort of stops, and isn't "finished" looking.

That's a good question. Pehaps not a bigger building, but another building sharing the wall. Was Church St. ever widened at this location?

I found this pic from the 1960s. It just looks as if that wall was altered later.

churchgerrard.jpg

The new Trattoria Mercatto at the Eaton Centre is not yet open, but its façade has been revealed. It has a rather industrial look, quite different from their other locations.

Maybe mentioned already, but Le Pain Quotidien at Yonge & Yorkville is closed (notice says for bankruptcy). The website has no Canadian locations listed.

Maybe mentioned already, but Le Pain Quotidien at Yonge & Yorkville is closed (notice says for bankruptcy). The website has no Canadian locations listed.

Yeah, it's been gone for a little while. The one in the PATH closed earlier - they weren't paying their rent.

Unrelated: I don't know what's going in there, but the vacant bank at the SE corner of Christie & Dupont has a construction permit on the door, saying it's being converted to a restaurant.

Went to Le Gourmand for the first time yesterday. My opinion? Overpriced and not that great. They can't even make a good brownie.

Went to Movenpick Marche for dinner. Really impressed. There was a line to get in, and a line to get out. Mad busy! Thoroughly enjoyed the rosti, fried calamari, chicken stir-fry, and the two desserts we shared. Banana cream pie with cake in the middle, and tiramisu.

Yeah, it's been gone for a little while. The one in the PATH closed earlier - they weren't paying their rent.

Unrelated: I don't know what's going in there, but the vacant bank at the SE corner of Christie & Dupont has a construction permit on the door, saying it's being converted to a restaurant.

Starbucks!

Went to Movenpick Marche for dinner. Really impressed. There was a line to get in, and a line to get out. Mad busy! Thoroughly enjoyed the rosti, fried calamari, chicken stir-fry, and the two desserts we shared. Banana cream pie with cake in the middle, and tiramisu.

The Marche in the Bay-Adelaide Centre is now offering 50% off everything left after 5pm everyday.

New York chef David Chang will open two new Momofuku restaurants in Toronto in 2012:

"Momofuku is indeed opening in Toronto, in a building next to the Shangri-La Hotel in Toronto. We are building a Noodle Bar concept on the first floor and a second restaurant (in the same building on another floor) called Momofuku Daisho. The projected opening date is 2012."

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/da...mofuku-restaurants-coming-to-toronto-in-2012/

Toronto Life confirmed what they heard from Urban Toronto:
http://www.torontolife.com/daily/da...pen-toronto-location-in-late-2012/#more-58213

Last edited:
^ I hope they put in this building and build a nice big patio while they're at it. University Ave. is conducive to lots of restaurants with big patios but really has nothing.

Capturemp.JPG

Back