News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

That's confusing. How did you have such a different opinion of the same place? Did they raise prices?

I ate different things the second time, and for what I ate, didn't get nearly as much food. Maybe it's because I didn't pay the first time for dinner haha. My biggest complaint was the quality though.

Not paying for something greatly effects ones opinion I find : ).

Some possibly good news ... anyone familiar with the large two story build in Yonge just north of the Cannon theater (and south of Dundas) that has been for lease for a while now ... looks like that may have been leased - I say may as the lease sign is down and there is a sign variance notice. There's still an old jewely store for lease just south of it though unfortunately.

I ate different things the second time, and for what I ate, didn't get nearly as much food. Maybe it's because I didn't pay the first time for dinner haha. My biggest complaint was the quality though.

It's not uncommon for restaurants to start cheapening out as they mature, unfortunately. If Kitchen Nightmares has taught me nothing else, it has taught me that. I had a similar experience with one of our favourite Asian fusion places, which used to be good, and now is awful.

Outdoor/Indoor Liquor License app in the window at the southwest corner of King and York, York street side.

Base of the exchange tower. There was a little bar/restaurant with a nice outdoor patio in the summer. It was called Debut. I guess that's gone and a new occupant is applying for a licence.

This is diagonally across from The Exchange Tower. 145 King West. Debut is still there, on the east side of the street. The app says it's for Modus Ristorante. The unit is quite large. There is a walkway about 3 metres wide and three feeet above the sidewalk along the York stret side of the building. It's could be a nice outdoor space if the building is willing to turn it over to them.

Google street view

Last edited:
Oh, sorry. I pass by this building daily and didn't notice anything was happening ;)

This is good. We need more street-level places to eat/drink after work around here.

L'Apero Bistro opening up tomorrow in the space formerly occupied by Ivory Thailand (Church @ Adelaide). Menu posted outside heavily French inspired, mains in the $14-$19 range. Inside has been repainted grey with white accents and of course divested of its former decor.

Another Hero Burger is coming. It will replace the existing restaurant at Yonge & Gloucester

Capturehero.JPG

Back