News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I have been there twice; beautiful café, but the espresso was breathtakingly awful - so awful (and I don't know if that makes any sense) that you just know it could be one of the best in town. It reminds me of Grano, where I once had a similar experience, just a couple of weeks after they served me the best espresso ever.

Yup, exactly the same experience with Dineen. Loved the building and the decor, but the coffee was blech. Not even average. It's disappointing. A lot of places have consistency issues with making coffee, it really does require skill to work those espresso machines. I guess that's why the superstar baristas are superstars.

My other pet peeve was that there were available tables but they all had used coffee cups and trash on them. I don't mind moving it myself but there was no obvious station or place to dump it. I guess the staff is supposed to keep on top of it but they were slammed.

So many recent posts about Timothy's closing but I don't know if this one has been posted.
Aroma Espresso Bar is under construction in the former Timothy's spot at Yonge & Pleasant Blvd (one block south of St. Clair.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5C 1K9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 190051 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jun 18, 2013

Project: Non-Residential Building Other Proposal

Description: Proposal to convert 3 parking spaces in exsting parking lot to a temporary licensed outdoor patio (47.7 m2). The outdoor patio will be leased to the owner of 100 Adelaide St E and used in conjuction with existing restaurant - Starfish Oyster Bed & Grill.

The Amsterdam Brewhouse on Queen's Quay is now open with seating for more than 500! It must be one of the largest in Toronto.

Just got an email from Calphalon Culinary School at King/Spadina - they're closing in July. Last day of classes is this Sunday.

Hope noone had any gift certificates for classes, that's really short notice.

Swarley, the girlfriend had to run to Calphalon and use up a gift certificate we had. Anyone know why it is closing? I would think that with the poplution and demographic changes, as well as expanding corporate environment, that there would be more business than ever.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5H 1T1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 208762 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jul 23, 2013

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground floor, mezzanine and basement levels of existing restaurant (proposed 235 seats). Also includes an outdoor patio. "3 Brewers Restaurant". See permit 13 155857 BLD for base building.

There's an AYCE restaurant going in where one of the pawn shops was once located at Church and Queen. It's called TCJ, which stands for Thai Chinese Japanese.

This is the old Timothy's spot.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 210095 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jul 24, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display two illuminated wall signs and one window sign. Signs are all illuminated and in conjunction with a coffee shop. **Starbucks**

Saw a sign for a liquor licence application at Barootes on King near the Royal Alex. It said "name to be determined"

Back