News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I liked it, but never really spent a lot of money there. I just went for their super cheap coffee and the occasional donut. I did buy one or two things off of the shelves, but they were carrying a lot of inventory that I don't think was selling very quickly. Some of the frozen pizzas and dumplings were good.

I liked it, but never really spent a lot of money there. I just went for their super cheap coffee and the occasional donut. I did buy one or two things off of the shelves, but they were carrying a lot of inventory that I don't think was selling very quickly. Some of the frozen pizzas and dumplings were good.

So is GoodGood a pop-up cafe? grocer? wine bar? co-working space? speedy delivery service?

🤯🤯🤯

to be quite frank...I never got the concept of GoodGood!

I guess if the consumer doesn't understand something then it's not surprising it would fail.

The name was terrible. Gave you no real sense of what the store/shop was about. I know 'good cause' etc.

But too vague. If you didn't know it was a food place you wouldn't know.

The appearance of the stores didn't help either.

1669045706423.png

Source: Retail-Insider

Again, bland, un-inviting, nothing on the exterior that tells you what to expect, but for the words in the windows which disappear as background noise.

I like the premise of the business to some degree, I certainly support its social mission......

But nothing about that exterior says to me, buy local, artisanal grocery here; nor does it scream coffee shop or wine bar........ I mean looking at that exterior I get Pizza Pizza meets laundromat.

I have to say, I also don't see Coffee Shop and Wine Bar as sharing the same patronage/vibe; and throwing grocery in there is quite the jumble of disparate ideas.

Arguably some very successful retailers ("The Tire") are mishmash jumbles too; but that's something that evolved over decades, not really the starting premise.

Last edited:
Boxcar Social in Leslieville is an example of this type of thing working well. It's mostly cafe, with a nice patio, but they have a good beer and wine selection and small set of takeaway foods (pizzas, empanadas, etc.).

Dickey's Barbecue to Build 65-Plus Stores in Ontario:​

Lovely! Toronto definitely needs more bbq places haha

First off.........where is it opening?

"The first location is scheduled to open at 472 Younge St. in late December this year."

Ok, then.

LOL

I''m assuming they mean this unit:

1669228346559.png

I never tried the above place............ any good?

I expect the facade/signage is getting a downgrade if this is the photo they supplied for the story:

1669228408458.png

Hopefully the food offering is considerably better than the appearance of their establishment, based on the above.

Also, no insult intended to the family for whom this is named..................but.....but.......perhaps it's time to reconsider the branding.

First off.........where is it opening?

"The first location is scheduled to open at 472 Younge St. in late December this year."

Ok, then.

LOL

I''m assuming they mean this unit:

View attachment 440522

I never tried the above place............ any good?

I expect the facade/signage is getting a downgrade if this is the photo they supplied for the story:

View attachment 440524

Hopefully the food offering is considerably better than the appearance of their establishment, based on the above.

Also, no insult intended to the family for whom this is named..................but.....but.......perhaps its time to reconsider the branding.

I wholeheartedly agree with the name rebranding...the name just screams generic or misappropriated.

When I think of a bbq restaurant I want to feel like it's someone's secret smoked brisket recipe passed down many generations.

I hope they started renovation already cause it's gonna be December in 6 days.

I hope they started renovation already cause it's gonna be December in 6 days.

Walked by here yesterday. Didn't take a close-look, but didn't appear to be an active work site.

No permits are pulled (or applied for)

Though, as this was already a resto; it's conceivable that they don't need any permits, if the changes are largely cosmetic.

LOV (from a Montreal based restaurant group) at 620 King St W has closed:

As a non-vegan, this place certainly served up amazing fares and had a good menu selection. As far as the price, I remember being on the more expensive side.

Geez, I guess the lease on King West are just too damn high!

The lease and people aren't going out the same. Friends of mine who work in restaurants have seen a huge decline, especially with the lunch crowd. Plus a lot of restaurants are keeping shorter hours.

Back