News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The lease and people aren't going out the same. Friends of mine who work in restaurants have seen a huge decline, especially with the lunch crowd. Plus a lot of restaurants are keeping shorter hours.

As we speak at the moment, the winter weather isn't friendly for any diners...

As a non-vegan, this place certainly served up amazing fares and had a good menu selection. As far as the price, I remember being on the more expensive side.

Geez, I guess the lease on King West are just too damn high!
Didn't even know LOV was here! I went to the one at DIX30 in Brossard right before the pandemic. Lots of gluten-free stuff.

Nord Bistro @ Dupont & Howland (near Bathurst) is now permanently closed. It has been replaced with a catering company of some sort. No dine in service-strictly outgoing catering.
That's one less fine dining option. 😢

Planta Burger on Temperance Street is now closed. I walked by earlier and saw that it was all papered up.

Planta Cocina is still open next door.

Bar Fancy at 1070 Queen St W are closing at the end of this month. Gonna miss their fried chicken and buck a shuck oyster specials.

Marben and The Cloak Bar at 488 Wellington St W, will be closing after around 16 years in business. Their final day will be Jan 29, 2023:

New ramen shop well chain unfortunately

20230101_135654.jpg

Located at the retail level of the Art + Shoppe Loft on Yonge and Soudan intersection

Some coverage on chef Antonio Park's new AP restaurant, at the top of the Manulife Building:

Bitter Melon has recently opened at 431 Spadina Ave, a bit south of College:

Mamakas has opened a pop location at 105 Scollard St, for the winter and spring seasons:

Bitter Melon has recently opened at 431 Spadina Ave, a bit south of College:

Mamakas has opened a pop location at 105 Scollard St, for the winter and spring seasons:

I always love TorontoLife's coverage of the city's food and their well-written articles. I can't wait to try the new Yorkville location Mamakas has to offer as I no longer have to travel all the way down to Ossington.

I do hope they can sustain it as the retail lease can be quite pricey.

The topic of "Bitter Melon"! It has been on my targeted ad for the past few days, especially on Instagram. I am quite happy to see a new restaurant embracing Asian fusion. Quite notable there was a previous restaurant covered on Toronto Life called Orote Restaurant.

Link to the article: https://torontolife.com/food/whats-...ting-menu-restaurant-from-an-actinolite-alum/

Since the article was published...there have been some changed announced via Instagram to the a la carte menu.

Which seems to embrace more specific Korean flavours with modern and seasonal ingredients.

Cheers to a happy Wednesday or happy hump day!

"Prequel & Co. Apothecary" will be opening at 1036 Queen St W (a block and a half west of Ossington) in early 2023. It's being opened by Frankie Solarik, who also started BarChef (further east along Queen) back in 2008.

"Prequel & Co. Apothecary" will be opening at 1036 Queen St W (a block and a half west of Ossington) in early 2023. It's being opened by Frankie Solarik, who also started BarChef (further east along Queen) back in 2008.

More fancy cocktail bars...I love it! Thought BarChef does offer that flare which I am personally not a big fan of but to each their own.

I always love TorontoLife's coverage of the city's food and their well-written articles. I can't wait to try the new Yorkville location Mamakas has to offer as I no longer have to travel all the way down to Ossington.

I do hope they can sustain it as the retail lease can be quite pricey.

The topic of "Bitter Melon"! It has been on my targeted ad for the past few days, especially on Instagram. I am quite happy to see a new restaurant embracing Asian fusion. Quite notable there was a previous restaurant covered on Toronto Life called Orote Restaurant.

Link to the article: https://torontolife.com/food/whats-...ting-menu-restaurant-from-an-actinolite-alum/

Since the article was published...there have been some changed announced via Instagram to the a la carte menu.

Which seems to embrace more specific Korean flavours with modern and seasonal ingredients.

Cheers to a happy Wednesday or happy hump day!

Ahh interesting, it's my first time hearing about Orote. It's not too far away from me, so I'd have to put it on my radar to try!

Back