News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Capocaccia (a Deer Park favourite of mine) has announced they are expanding into Rosedale by taking over the former Lakes where they will be opening a new resto called Capo. Down the street, Globe Bistro from the Danforth has taken over the space at 1055 Yonge where they are opening Earth.

noir1.jpg

noir2.jpg

Shoeless Joe's is moving into Leaside, at the corner of Laird and Eglinton. They are to occupuy the same space that once held Eglinton Fish and Chips and Domino's.

It will be interesting to see how well the resto does in that location. I personally think that Shoeless Joe's only notable feature is its patio (from what I recall of King West and Eglinton W and Chaplin) and I can't picture how one being built out on to Eglinton, or being allowed behind the restaurant.

The old (and VERY empty/old/dated) diner at the corner of Cherry and Commissioners closed about a year ago. Now they have gutted the building and a sign says "Cherry Restaurant Opening Soon".

Shoeless Joe's is moving into Leaside, at the corner of Laird and Eglinton. They are to occupuy the same space that once held Eglinton Fish and Chips and Domino's.

It will be interesting to see how well the resto does in that location. I personally think that Shoeless Joe's only notable feature is its patio (from what I recall of King West and Eglinton W and Chaplin) and I can't picture how one being built out on to Eglinton, or being allowed behind the restaurant.

Couldn't agree more. Unless they can work out some sort of a rooftop patio, but aren't there residences above the ground level there?

Is there sufficient parking in the rear of that building to accomodate the patrons?

It'll be interesting, and since I live in the area I'm not going to complain about another place to eat, though I'm not even sure I've ever been to a Joe's before.

The new Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen is just about ready at Yonge near Wellesley

popeyes.jpg

I just went past it - all the furniture's in it. Stoked for a Popeye's Chicken in the neighborhood again. I still have my Popeye's discount card from Korea (doesn't work here, but its a testament to how much I loves me some horrifically unhealthy food).

A second location for Red Rocket Coffee is opening up in the bottom of Verve. It'll be a little bit isolated, but there's not much real competition around it so it might be ok.

The rest of Verve's retail has "Leased" signs on it as well, but no indication of what's going in yet

A second location for Red Rocket Coffee is opening up in the bottom of Verve. It'll be a little bit isolated, but there's not much real competition around it so it might be ok.

The rest of Verve's retail has "Leased" signs on it as well, but no indication of what's going in yet

I read on another thread that it's going to be a Rabba and a dry cleaner.

Hero and Lettieri were both founded by John Lettieri and are often combined (like the Yonge & St. Clair location). Perhaps Hero is replacing the Lettieri in the Village?

Back