News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

"Hot Wings" (Wings and Ribs) is going into the short-lived former Miami Subs location, between Portland and Augusta on Queen West. Near Oh Boy Burger and across the street from the Taro Grill mentioned above...

Went to the just-opened Fixx Cafe on Yonge south of St. Clair today (next to Book City). Nice interior, great service, and the menu looks good - everything is made on site and wine/beer will be added soon. A sidewalk cafe area will open in the summer. Great to see an independent cafe opening in the neighbourhood, and to no longer have empty retail space at the bottom of the condo building above.

Last edited:
Marche in Brookfield Place opened a small temporary-looking serving area at last week. They're serving limited lunch things while they continue working on the main restaurant inside. They're serving things like crepes, sandwiches, and smoothies.

A 'savoury' crepe made with deli meat slices (same as the crepes you get at the exhibition or convention centre for four bucks) is $10.

A small smoothie full of seeds that get stuck in your teeth (equivalent to tall starbucks size) is $5.

I guess the quality is a little better than Richtree, as expected, but the prices are an absolute ripoff.

Last edited:
They are redoing the whole block of Front Street (the building has a Yonge Street address) from Yonge to Scott and I think that O&B will be where Shopsy's used to be and Fran's will be at the Scott Street end - with Biff's in the middle. (Or vice versa). O&B and Biff's have same owner and I think thery will share same kitchen

Yes. Fran's will replace the old Penelope's location that closed here ages ago.

Thanks for that update, I take the subway from St. Clair station, and I'm planning on checking it out. What's the major menu theme, and how is the pricing?

The paper's off the window at Chi-Ko-Roo's (in the old Il Fornello place on Church) and a sign is saying that they'll open the first week of March.

No clue what kind of cuisine they're going to be selling - I'm guessing from the name that its going to be Australian themed.

A second location for Red Rocket Coffee is opening up in the bottom of Verve. It'll be a little bit isolated, but there's not much real competition around it so it might be ok.

The rest of Verve's retail has "Leased" signs on it as well, but no indication of what's going in yet

Good luck to them, they will need it!

It only makes Cartman sh*t blood and he didn't seem to have a problem with it. I love South Park :)
There's a great Burrito place in Kensington Market, I forget the name of it but Chipitole's is easier for me to get to plus I'm hooked. Is it really owned by McDonalds? I didn't know that.

McDonald's has long since sold their interest in Chipoltle! Praise Jesus! LOL

Looks like the Lettieri on the corner of Church and Wellesley isn't really gone. They're just turning it into a Hero Burger.

Looks like the Lettieri on the corner of Church and Wellesley isn't really gone. They're just turning it into a Hero Burger.

While it is the same company that franchises both, the space will no longer be a Lettieri, so it is really gone.

MBCo (Montreal Bread Company) has vanished - pretty much overnight - from Rosedale. The windows have been papered over and the signage removed.

After 3 months, still no change. No sign of new tenant or MBCo reopening. That's a waste of 3 months lease in a prime location. Wonder what's going on.

Overpriced is right; I took one look at their menu and out the door I went. I did figure that if they could make it anywhere, it would be in next to the Five Thieves, who redefine "overpriced" as far as I'm concerned. It does look like the new addition to the brick building will be quite nice. Anyone know what's going in there? Res or commercial?

Back