News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Ha! How long was (Oh Boy Burgers) open? A month?

Close to a year and a half, actually.

And it's not a full-on closure. Chef Paul Boehmer came on as a partner a few months ago, and decided to shake things up a bit. It's going to be reopening with a new name and a larger, gastropub/brassiere style menu, keeping some burgers but adding other items. There will be some renos as well (mainly kitchen-related from what I've gathered), and they're aiming for a reopening before spring is out.

Last edited:
According to Toronto Life, Wvrst, a sausage-and-craft-beer resto will be opening in May. Indoor seating for 140, with a boulevard patio.

That's at King & Portland in Marc Thuet's former Conviction space.

Last edited:
Apparently Duggan's Brewery is closed after a dispute with the landlord. Can't imagine they'd be struggling financially as the place is well-reviewed and almost always busy.

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2011/04/20/duggans-brewery-closes-but-may-reopen-soon/

Now it's gone. It's too bad. My wife and I were there a couple weekends ago and the food and beer were excellent.

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2011/04/21/duggans-brewery-closure-confirmed-to-be-permanent/

Sad. I enjoyed the food at Duggan's, i waited a good 20 mins to get a table about 2 months back. Food was good but pricey and the beer was amazing! The bartender told me a new menu was in the works. The menu was a little expensive and lacked traditional pub grub staples that the average beer drinker enjoys. The place was a little too large to be a gastro pub/ up scale watering hole.

I really wanted to like Duggan's (it's in my neib), but the few meals I had there weren't particularly flavourful and I just didn't click with their beers (same verdict from four of my work-mates). I'd still try them again in their new space if/when that happens. Service wasn't especially remarkable, although not bad.

Another place that just shut down a block away is the L'Apero Bistro (formerly Ivory Thailand), which closed down in what seems like less than a month after opening. There are several For Sale signs in the windows. NEXT!

Last edited:
Long time Yonge & Breadalbane restaurant Hornero is turning into a St. Louis Wings and as I mentioned earlier The Yummis restaurant up the street at Yonge & Irwin is being converted into a Hero Burger. That will be the third Hero Burger within a 3 block radius.

I don't know if it has been mentioned on here, but the "world famous" Chick 'n' Deli on Mt. Pleasant south of Eglinton has been closed for months for renovations. The giant chicken that was on the roof is now gone.

Long time Yonge & Breadalbane restaurant Hornero is turning into a St. Louis Wings and as I mentioned earlier The Yummis restaurant up the street at Yonge & Irwin is being converted into a Hero Burger. That will be the third Hero Burger within a 3 block radius.

That's f'ing ridiculous. Lame.

Thanks, I'm here all week. Try the veal, tip your waitress.

A mediocre-to-horrendous burger joint like Hero every ten feet utterly is ridiculous and lame to me. Had to share.

Looks like the Swiss Chalet on Yonge Street is permanently closed. They removed the signature sign yesterday.I guess they realized the renovations would be too expensive. Unless they have found a new location?

A new larger "Lease" sign has been installed.

the swiss chalet on yonge street is open again.

the swiss chalet on yonge street is open again.

Yea it's weird, it's not for lease anymore ... it's as if they changed their minds at some point. That location is always pretty busy from what I can see.

Back