News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

8778.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg
my friend sitting on car the camera facing west towards hwy 27. this is the north parking lot of the silver stone plaza.the next pic is me and my girl friend necking that's what we used to call it.camera is facing north which was all farm fields.the wall beside me is the one behind my friend.taken the same day.

1976 that is looking east to Albion and Martin grove road. in this pic I was taking in a roll of film to the Kodak store beside the post office.gulf station is to the right
bgikio.jpg

no problem .im doing this cause I loved the pictures I seen .brought back tons of memories

You would love the Rexdale facebook group, too. Tons of photos and old friends to chat with.
A few of your photos should be posted there soon for everyone to comment on. In case you'd like to check the group out:

not sure of year.but for sure before 1977 .thats my 1970 blue duster and I got rid of it before 77.in 77 I had a Camaro.round tree park picnic area 1 facing finch or towards Albion mall.other pic is me with my father between 68 and 70.the 66 Buick wildcat in the parking lot is his car Burgundy color its probably exactly where my duster is parked in the other pic .if your wondering why im moping I was pissed cause I wanted to hang with my friends in stead of sitting in a park with mommy and daddy.remember the p f running shoes.other 2 pictures are the same day by the river and im still still pissed.
KMNL;25547485.jpg
zzz.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg
L.LKJMJ (2).jpg

Last edited:
girl and me summer of 76 the front of Smithfield school.thats mt olive dr and blackbush dr. and on blackbush Andy a drummer for the band Chester used to live there they had the hit bubble gum hit make my life a little bit brighter in 1973.man we wore our shorts short back then what a embarrassment today.you guys better like this pic cause I hesitated to upload it lol
IMG_0120.jpg

looking south down mt olive dr.1975 I took the pic of my brother crossing his arms and my friend who took drum lessons from Andy on blackbush.and later joined a band with me.this is in front of Smithfield school.the pics of me with my brother and friend is just behind black and white pic.1968
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0081.jpg

Last edited:
not much of a pic.1976 about January.i jumped out of the car to take a pic of my friend and gf .she ducked cause she was camera shy.we are on Kipling in the right lane at a red light and Albion rd heading towards rexdale blvd.later that night after we dropped my gf home we went to the mens room at the skyline hotel.im sure it was 10 cents for one draft beer.and you got a good buzz off the draft.and cause I was young I didn't get hang overs.remember the skyline before 75 that same friend and me saw Ricky nelson there.
kbioo.jpg

this is my 1968 Camaro rally sport convertible with the hide away head lights I bought in 77..this pic is 1979.im parked where I circled it on the map.i was driving and I notice the construction so I took a pic for the future.they were making Steeles wider .it was always 1 lane east one lane west.the train tracks are on the other side north.im looking south.look at those cragar ss rims.hurst shifter.jenson triaxils and led zeppelin eh.
kk.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 7.54.52 AM.png

these 2 are taken on Steeles ave w.1979 .in the circle on the map is where I was .all farm land to the north.pic of side of car is facing south.we used to drag race there.around in the 70s we also hung out at Harveys Jane and 401..im sure some of u remember Harveys.sorry 2 pics are the same
Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 8.15.27 AM.png
IMG_0116.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg

in these 3 pics im at a very old gas station south corner of 7 and martin grove concession.i know I have a pic some where of the whole station.in the pics of the back of the car im facing east towards hwy 7.the pic with the gas station is looking west. I think there's a coin carwash there now.
Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 8.39.11 AM.png
ui907yg.jpg
gjhkl;.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg

dec 1979 I lived at 1875 martin grove rd .I got married .you could eat the snow back then kids.if u ate the snow today your hair would fall out.zip camera 1 min development.they took bad pics but at least its a picture eh.
IMG_0030.jpg

Amazing photos, Dan. Would you happen to have any of the Finch-Albion Centre or photos inside the Albion Mall from back in the day?
I've been searching everywhere for more inside mall shots.

You know, the strip mall that used to have Food City, General Distributing, Colour Your World,. etc?

my mom on Steeles ave.1955.thats all she told me where I don't know.we moved to 166 mt olive drive in 1964.i would imagine Steeles around that area.there in the right lane so your probably looking north.the train tracks were not there in 1955 they came later.next picture is just the south side of Steeles w again not sure where on Steeles west.she will be 95 this march.
IMG (2).jpg
qe.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing photos, Dan. Would you happen to have any of the Finch-Albion Centre or photos inside the Albion Mall from back in the day?
I've been searching everywhere for more inside mall shots.

You know, the strip mall that used to have Food City, General Distributing, Colour Your World,. etc?
I don't think I do ill keep it in mind.ill try to post what I can

this pic 1954 could be rowntree not sure .they lived in Toronto and in 54 rexdale was all farms and trees .they didn't have to go far for a picnic in the country eh. this originally is a 54 color photo.but it was badly damaged so I photo shopped the cracks out..thats why it looks cartoony.
click.jpg

Back